• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Pip has gas again

A blood test I think during her yearly work up.

They don't always do them but both Rodney and Primrose had them last year as he'd been struggling with bladder sludge and we couldn't confirm if it was just him or both of them as they used to use the litter tray in the exact same spot.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk
OK thanks. That's good to know it can be done

The ingredients look similar to the ones they are on. Someone said they had tried them and the buns weren't keen..[emoji24]

Might be worth asking for a sample pack. The cold pressed method of processing is more the thing rather than actual ingredients as extruded pellets swell up on ingestion, cold pressed pellets do not do so.

All my INDOOR Rabbits have been pellet free for over 7 years. None have any health problems related to a deficiency in vitamin D.

Might be worth asking for a sample pack. The cold pressed method of processing is more the thing rather than actual ingredients as extruded pellets swell up on ingestion, cold pressed pellets do not do so.

All my INDOOR Rabbits have been pellet free for over 7 years. None have any health problems related to a deficiency in vitamin D.

Thanks Jane. That's interesting that they don't swell. I've we just seen the link for your video in my other thread. Cant watch it yet, cos my OH is still sleeping [emoji42]. But will take a look.

Oh and I just checked their current pellets and they are cold pressed! So maybe it's not the pellets [emoji2368]

But they were both bouncing off the walls last night full of energy, they didn't get any pellets and seemed more themselves. [emoji848]

Maybe, as they are NDs, they would be better with less pellets. I give my smallest ND about a dessertspoon full.

Maybe, as they are NDs, they would be better with less pellets. I give my smallest ND about a dessertspoon full.
Just been watching Archie do binkies on his fav cushion. Hahaha.

Maybe we could try less pellets too. Buns are so complicated.

And yesterday was a horrid day at work. I had two dead wildies to greet me when I got there and one was a baby. [emoji24]

Just been watching Archie do binkies on his fav cushion. Hahaha.

Maybe we could try less pellets too. Buns are so complicated.

And yesterday was a horrid day at work. I had two dead wildies to greet me when I got there and one was a baby. [emoji24]

One of my FB friends has wildies in her back garden, a Baby died yesterday of suspected RHD :cry: If it is all the Colony will be wiped out :cry:

One of my FB friends has wildies in her back garden, a Baby died yesterday of suspected RHD :cry: If it is all the Colony will be wiped out :cry:
Yeah I'm convinced it's RHD. Ever summer they all get wiped out with weeks. It's truly horrid to watch. Although the buns are vaccinated I don't wear any shoes in the house just in case

Back