• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pictures. Netherland Dwarf?

Thank you Mervinius. They are pretty but then I am biast lol they are a handful to and although we’ve only had them a few days my lil girl is so protective of them even sings to them and reads to them.

Awww poor princess pip don’t listern to your hooman although iv never seen you I’m sure your the cutest thing ever and we some times have funny ways of showing we care.

The poo is like a a long string but many put together if that makes sense. They are also moist and shiny. Just caught Beauty doing a wee and it’s red in colour ( dark orange on white tissue) were off to vets tomorrow for the RHD2 vaccine so will see what he says.

They have both just started eating really well so I’m hoping that will help
Yes check with the vet, but bunny wee can be a variety of colours due to their diet. Mines are often red and orange.

Don't worry you'll definitely see some pictures of Pip and Archie, they get up to much mischief too. It's the Nethie way! Little bundles of mischief.....

Xx

Pictures of rabbit poo :lol:

http://www.therabbithouse.com/diet/rabbit-droppings.asp

I think what you are seeing are uneaten Cecotropes. I suspect these might have been left because of the change in their home. The faecal poo in the pic you posted looks perfectly normal.

This and the colour of the wee are things to discuss with the vet today, but I think both are not serious. Rabbit's wee does change colour very often depending on their food.

Thanks Omi. Iv been so worried. Will look at the link when iv finished school time with my daughter.
I didn’t remember posting a pic with poo :eek: then I looked back at them and realised the last one was. I’m trying not to desterb them to much so there are small amounts in the hutch.

adcdfe5cda01246850b9cf6be45e79df.jpg

This is what I’m meaning though.

Have only seen it a few times in 3 days.
Will be discussing it with the vet but your last message has stoped me going into panic mode.
I get really worried about any of the animals we have had has presented with any thing unusual or iv not heard of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Omi. Iv been so worried. Will look at the link when iv finished school time with my daughter.
I didn’t remember posting a pic with poo :eek: then I looked back at them and realised the last one was. I’m trying not to desterb them to much so there are small amounts in the hutch.

Will be discussing it with the vet but your last message has stoped me going into panic mode.
I get really worried about any of the animals we have had has presented with any thing unusual or iv not heard of.

Hi Lisa

Yes these are cecotropes, they normally eat them so you don't see them. I expect they are just leaving them whilst they get settled. It can be a sign that they have too rich a diet so don't eat the cecos. Mine left a few when we first got them though. Don't panic and just enjoy the poppets.

That is an uneaten ceacatrophe, they should eat these as they emerge, but if they are under a bit of stress, are eating too many pellets or rich things like vegetables then there may be more of these and they are left uneaten. Because they are young and just moved to you it might be the reason, or maybe it’s that they are eating too many pellets, I don’t think you are feeding them veg yet?

Yes check with the vet, but bunny wee can be a variety of colours due to their diet. Mines are often red and orange.

Don't worry you'll definitely see some pictures of Pip and Archie, they get up to much mischief too. It's the Nethie way! Little bundles of mischief.....

Xx

Sorry didn’t see your post. Morning and blondness never go together lol.

Mischief I can well believe :) me and my daughter mad a large hay holder from a shoe box it has been used as many things in the last 24hrs including a toilet a bed a chew toy and some thing to bat around.

fbe323a677321da896730e53b769d964.jpg

A finally relaxing Beauty :)

Sorry didn’t see your post. Morning and blondness never go together lol.

Mischief I can well believe :) me and my daughter mad a large hay holder from a shoe box it has been used as many things in the last 24hrs including a toilet a bed a chew toy and some thing to bat around.

fbe323a677321da896730e53b769d964.jpg

A finally relaxing Beauty :)

No worries.

Oh yes a box can me much fun. Mine love to pee in boxes... I thought I'd been smart and only cut small round holes in mine for them to pull the hay out of. A few days later they stopped using it. After investigating I found it was full of wee. One of the monkeys had been squeezing inside through the teeny holes and peeing whilst I wasn't looking. Lol

Awww what a lovely photo. She looks very chilled

Most RU members are obsessed with observing rabbit poo :lol: Looking at your latest pic, what you are seeing are definitely cecotropes. Once you have got them and their diet settled, the problem should disappear.

Most RU members are obsessed with observing rabbit poo [emoji38] Looking at your latest pic, what you are seeing are definitely cecotropes. Once you have got them and their diet settled, the problem should disappear.
I do love a good rabbit poo. Do you ever find yourself singing about big golden round poops. Neighbours must think I'm so odd.

Having trouble posting with quotes :(

So leave it a while and if it’s still happening then reduce pellets?
They seem pretty relaxed now and come up and smell me when I’m cleaning out their hutch which is nice :)

ZooBec. No veg yet was going to do that after the slow pellet change but the 25g I saw recomended on here does seem quiet a bit for each of them.

They both sound like mischief makers but must give you the cutest puppy dog eyes when they know they’ve been up to some thing they arnt meant to be doing. They certainly know when your not looking lol

Mine had no toys whilst in the breeders care ( if you can call it that ) so when they saw the toys in their hutch here they were completely preplexed but have started seeing them throwing toilet roll balls and pushing the twine balls we have as well as destroying the rabbit patch that I can’t wait to hide veg in.

Hopfully in the next few days will have the cage adjustments ready with a tunnel into the hallway so will just have to wait and see what they think of it :)

They both turned their noses up to the timothy hay when they got it but now it’s in the litter tray covered in wee they love it and eat it from the rack above to

06129ed13ae9b1ac700824ea7c1fb163.jpg

dfe57b23de285476f58d06ecdccac490.jpg

I think I made the holes to big but was the first attempt at making a hay feeder. There are also holes in the side they use as entry and exit

06129ed13ae9b1ac700824ea7c1fb163.jpg

dfe57b23de285476f58d06ecdccac490.jpg

I think I made the holes to big but was the first attempt at making a hay feeder. There are also holes in the side they use as entry and exit

Awwww yes they will definitely go and poop in there. But they look like they are enjoying themselves.

Will try again as the shoe shop is rather generous with boxes lol. Will make smaller holes and attach the lid as well. They love the tubes stuffed with hay but only just figured out what they are for.

personally, now they are eating hay i would cut right down on the pellets. just give them what they can eat in 1/2 hr, once a day. use the pellets more as treats - to encourage interaction.

in my experience, too much pellets results in uneaten cecotropes (which they need to eat), too fat, big dewlaps (so they can't groom themselves properly) & pooey bottoms.

they don't need pellets in the wild & i suspect they don't in captivity if given proper & sufficient natural foods.
mine are free-range outdoors bunnies tho & the above is just my personal opinion.

re: toys - save your money.... as you have found, best thing is a cardboard box.

Last edited:
Back