• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Phillip’s off to the vets

Of course he's awakes he is a good boy! Let us know what Uncle John says. If you have a blank usb stick they can give you the scan to take home..i never could as he didn't tell me till i got there :lol:

John just called, basically the scan showed change in the nasal cavity, one side severely blocked up suggesting rhinitis. He still thinks it could potentially be irritants or allergies so keep going with washing hay etc (anyone got a good way to do this?! I'm ending up with hay all over the bath!!) but also could be an infection so they've done a swab and he'll ring with results of that next week. Dependent on results of swab, and if he improves with washing dust off hay, they may have to do a biopsy of the nose but again that's under GA so he's reluctant to do that (and so am I!!) Fingers crossed it won't come to that.

Heart still enlarged but no different than last time, lungs a bit congested so keep going with Frusol.
No change in teeth which is good.

Picking him up this evening at 7.30pm. Can't wait to see his fluffy little face :D :D

Ok so, so far so good? Washing it in the bath? Oh my days. What about a misting bottle to give it all a light spray over? And maybe an air purifier might help? I have vax ones they are about 40 pounds second hand on facebay?

I am so happy he is ok and coming home tonight. Fingers crossed no infection in the results :love: :love: well done Phillip

Ok so, so far so good? Washing it in the bath? Oh my days. What about a misting bottle to give it all a light spray over? And maybe an air purifier might help? I have vax ones they are about 40 pounds second hand on facebay?

I am so happy he is ok and coming home tonight. Fingers crossed no infection in the results :love: :love: well done Phillip

Well they have 3 hay trays between them so it’s easier to wash it in bulk in the bath :lol: a spray might work.
We already have a dehumidifier with hepa air filter but might try moving it into their room rather than ours.

In a way I’m kind of hoping for infection because at least that’s a clear solution and won’t need a biopsy. Either way I’m happy he’ll be home tonight :love:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So pleased Phillip is home. He will feel so much better in your home. And it will feel like a home again with Phillip there.
Hope he has a comfortable night and the very sweetest of restful dreams back home.:love:

Fabulous news his heart is no worse & the diagnostics sound worthwhile. Big loves to the brave boy.

Would washing the hay within a pillowcase make it less messy in the bath. Isn't he doing a good job of bringing a little bit of bunny to the bathroom? And now he has you as his apprentice :lol: good boy

Would washing the hay within a pillowcase make it less messy in the bath. Isn't he doing a good job of bringing a little bit of bunny to the bathroom? And now he has you as his apprentice :lol: good boy

That's another avenue to try! Ha yes he is worming his way into that bathroom that's for sure.

We are all ok thanks loobers. Phillip is a grumpy sausage and him and Britney did some angry chasing around the room when he got in, I think he must smell of vets. He's eating though (and apparently hasn't stopped all day said the nurse) so that's good.

Have put Phillip in our room for the evening. Him and Britney keep chasing each other and it's not going to end well overnight I don't think. Not sure if it's the right thing to do but I feel Phillip may be less stressed for the night in our room :/

That's another avenue to try! Ha yes he is worming his way into that bathroom that's for sure.

We are all ok thanks loobers. Phillip is a grumpy sausage and him and Britney did some angry chasing around the room when he got in, I think he must smell of vets. He's eating though (and apparently hasn't stopped all day said the nurse) so that's good.

Thank you for updating me. I'm glad he's eating he is such a good boy. You probably wouldn't notice on Phillip but Toby used to come back with black paws so I reckon they must have vet smell on their feetsies!

Have put Phillip in our room for the evening. Him and Britney keep chasing each other and it's not going to end well overnight I don't think. Not sure if it's the right thing to do but I feel Phillip may be less stressed for the night in our room :/

Its been a big day & for what its worth I agree with you, a night out to recover sounds a good plan

Its been a big day & for what its worth I agree with you, a night out to recover sounds a good plan

Thank you, that's reassuring. I just know how Phillip gets when he's angry and Britney doesn't back down either, I'd never forgive myself if something happened overnight. Fingers crossed it calms down tomorrow and we don't have to rebond :roll:

I'm really pleased to hear that Phillip is safely home from the vet.

I also think you're doing the right thing keeping them separate tonight. I've had to do it myself when things have gotten "spikey" between my two and it's not had a long term effect on their bond.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Glad Philip did so well at the vets. You may want try using a kitchen sieve/strainer to wash his hay. Another thought is sifting the hay through a piece of screen. He will enjoy a respite from the chasing in your room tonight.

I’m glad he did so well at the vets :love: how about a net/ mesh bag to wash the hay in, like you use for snorkelling sets or washing bras etc in the washing machine?

Back