• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Permanent resident at PAH Continental Giant in unsuitable housing

Not to spoil the enthusiasm, but whilst the accommodation isn't ideal as long term prospect, this rabbit currently has more space than a lot, food, water, access to vet care etc. I'd suggest not rushing to move him to temporary accommodation else where. He's not at immediate risk so it's probably best to leave him where is, encourage the store to make what improvements they can in the short term and then look for a home he can go straight into, if the store are willing. Otherwise it's easy to get into a situation where he goes somewhere temporarily, then takes up space in rescue for while etc. which puts unnecessary pressure on a rescue and means stress for him. You could also end up transporting him in the opposite direction of a future home and add more travel than necessary.

I do admire everyone wanting to help him out, but it's easily to get carried away with the emotion of wanting to whisk him away when stepping back and planning might be better for him in the long run :)

Just been in to the store and Titch has gone. I asked a member of staff and was told he's gone to live with one of their managers 'Pete' in a specially adapted spare room where he will have a lot more space etc. I've left a load of rabbit info for him to read so let's hope this is the start of a happy life for Titch!

Just been in to the store and Titch has gone. I asked a member of staff and was told he's gone to live with one of their managers 'Pete' in a specially adapted spare room where he will have a lot more space etc. I've left a load of rabbit info for him to read so let's hope this is the start of a happy life for Titch!

Excellent news :D Wishing you every happiness in your new home Titch :love::love::love:

I'm afraid I don't believe that but I hope it's true. I just hope they didn't get a lot of emails complaining about Titch and so removed him from his pen this morning and he is behind closed doors. :(

Last edited:
I'm afraid I don't believe that but I hope it's true. I just hope they didn't get a lot of emails complaining about Twitch and so removed him from his pen this morning and he is behind closed doors. :(

I am also not entirely convinced and so will try to do some more investigative work, it may take a while though so bare with me!

Hmm does sound a bit suspicious, You could find out if there is actually a manager called Pete? Maybe ask to speak to him?

Hmm does sound a bit suspicious, You could find out if there is actually a manager called Pete? Maybe ask to speak to him?

There is a manager called Pete, unfortunately he wasn't on shift while I was there, but like I said, I will try to investigate further.

I'm afraid I don't believe that but I hope it's true. I just hope they didn't get a lot of emails complaining about Titch and so removed him from his pen this morning and he is behind closed doors. :(

Totally agree, I don't believe it either and knowing Pets at Home like I do I should imagine it's because they have had complaints and needed to get rid of him

Yet again, thanks to Pets at Home another poor, poor bunny

Actually, if there have been complaints and/or anyone has read some of this thread, I would like to think it has caused someone to think that Titch couldn't live permanently in store like that. If that means someone has taken him to their home - great. After all, that's what the OP wanted to encourage whether locally or elsewhere, after speaking with the shop and offering any help they could to assist with re-homing.

Somehow I doubt he is just behind closed doors. After all, what good would he be doing for the store if he wasn't an "attraction"?

I know there are plenty of people here who don't really rate P@H but I really don't think every single member of staff has no heart such that this couldn't be true!

Back