• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Permanent resident at PAH Continental Giant in unsuitable housing

Thank you SOOOOO much, thats fab. I'm terrible at writing letters (I have a tendency to not really write what I mean) I shall certainly use it, and add a few other little bits etc.
Thanks so much again :thumb::thumb:

Thank you SOOOOO much, thats fab. I'm terrible at writing letters (I have a tendency to not really write what I mean) I shall certainly use it, and add a few other little bits etc.
Thanks so much again :thumb::thumb:

No worries :) Hope you manage to get a decent response!

The store is definitely the best place to start. Then if you aren't happy with the response write to the HQ :)

Does anyone know if this bunny is still in the store?

He was still there yesterday, I couldn't speak to the manager as she wasn't in. The member of staff said he was unsure as to why they've kept him as a permanent resident. I shall visit again tomorrow and see if I can get any more info. In the meantime, numerous letters and emails have been sent to both the store and Head Office by myself and others.

I shall update tomorrow

This place is not so far away from us would you like us to go and have a look tomorrow and ask for the manager and ask a few questions about this giant rabbit. We don't mind at all .

Thanks everyone.

It didnt give a reason for why he has become a permanent resident, thats one of the questions I will be asking. But if its for health reasons that seems a little silly as he'll be left for long periods of time with nobody checking on him (ie when the shop is closed)

I dont see any reason for a pet shop to have a resident (unless its a family run shop that bring their dog to work etc)

I was already in a bad mood that day and then when I saw poor Titch, the steam started coming out of my ears....... my husband made me leave and forced me to go home! :censored:

I would imagine they have just said something about him being a permanent resident because of having been there so long. I would imagine it is because of his size, as most uneducated people seem to want cute, fluffy, little bunnies.

To be honest, I'm really concerned about him, because the longer he stays cooped up on his own like that in a far from ideal set up, I would imagine health problems are imminent.

Is there anyone at all that could adopt him and then if not able to keep themselves, advertise on here, and hopefully another RUer might be able to take him on. If he wasn't so far away I would, because I absolutely love these giant breeds and have one myself who is already bonded to a Barc bunny.

Bunny run to Rugby??

This place is not so far away from us would you like us to go and have a look tomorrow and ask for the manager and ask a few questions about this giant rabbit. We don't mind at all .

I think that would be brilliant if you could and find out why he is a permanent resident? I just don't get it, as why would you want to keep a giant rabbit especially like that, it doesn't seem likely to be attached to any member of staff at all.

To be honest I can't stop crying about him now, and I know I am a distance away, but you know I'm planning to visit you soon, and if so would you be able to get him out, and then I could collect from you and pay all his costs of course.

I really don't think he can be there because of any health issues, because he would in that case need a much better set up and care than he is no doubt receiving, and I really do think they are just referring to him as that, and using him as some kind of 'freak show' which of course he is not, but most people might not be aware that rabbits can be this large, and view him as a novelty, or they may have had lots of time wasters and just got fed up with it, and decided not to bother trying to rehome him any more because of too much hassle.

Please Maysie, can you try and do something for him, as all the letters in the world without an actual offer of a home, could still leave him living in solitary confinement, desperately unhappy, problems developing with his teeth because of the lack of hay, the list is just on-going, for weeks before any changes (unlikely) were maybe made, the poor thing just probably wishes it was dead, and he is making me feel ill with worry over his desperately sad situation.

You've got my email. Would you let me/everyone know how you get on, and if we (me) can get him out of there? I'm in absolute bits here thinking of the terribly sad long night he has ahead of him, and it's not going to be a great one for me either, but if there could maybe be some hope for a better life for him tomorrow, that would just be the best news ever.

I'd drive up to get him and/or help with transport any time. I agree health problems could we become an issue.

:thumb:

I think that would be brilliant if you could and find out why he is a permanent resident? I just don't get it, as why would you want to keep a giant rabbit especially like that, it doesn't seem likely to be attached to any member of staff at all.

To be honest I can't stop crying about him now, and I know I am a distance away, but you know I'm planning to visit you soon, and if so would you be able to get him out, and then I could collect from you and pay all his costs of course.

I really don't think he can be there because of any health issues, because he would in that case need a much better set up and care than he is no doubt receiving, and I really do think they are just referring to him as that, and using him as some kind of 'freak show' which of course he is not, but most people might not be aware that rabbits can be this large, and view him as a novelty, or they may have had lots of time wasters and just got fed up with it, and decided not to bother trying to rehome him any more because of too much hassle.

Please Maysie, can you try and do something for him, as all the letters in the world without an actual offer of a home, could still leave him living in solitary confinement, desperately unhappy, problems developing with his teeth because of the lack of hay, the list is just on-going, for weeks before any changes (unlikely) were maybe made, the poor thing just probably wishes it was dead, and he is making me feel ill with worry over his desperately sad situation.

You've got my email. Would you let me/everyone know how you get on, and if we (me) can get him out of there? I'm in absolute bits here thinking of the terribly sad long night he has ahead of him, and it's not going to be a great one for me either, but if there could maybe be some hope for a better life for him tomorrow, that would just be the best news ever.

Mike will go up tomorrow and have a look at him as I'm not in great health at the moment and he will have a look at the rabbit and have a word with the manager, we are willing to keep him here for a few days at the most as we are shut at the moment with the boarding as we are decorating and having a well earned break but if someone can guarantee him a home we will try to get him but I don't think they will give him up for free.

Our only worry is he being used for breeding as I can't understand why he is not up for sale. Those glass fronted boxed pens get very hot in Summer as well.
Our local branch where we use to live had a giant with babies when we asked about the babies, seemingly she had jumped out of her pen into the pen next door with the male rabbits in and got pregnant. We found that to be impossible unless the giant rabbit could fly :?

That would be fantastic, but only if you don't mind :thumb: We might bump into each other while we are there!!

I'm unsure as to how long he's been there, I dont remember seeing him on my previous visit (approx 3 weeks ago) and I always go and check on the animals whenever I'm passing the store.

Obviously I'm quite local to the shop and if they were willing to rehome him, (although I feel they'd be more likely to rehome him to a rescue than an individual) I'd be more than happy to collect him and do a transport run (although could probably only do a maximum of 5 hour round trip which covers a fair distance because I couldn't leave my other animals for longer than that)

Lets hope tomorrow brings some better news

I'm unsure as to how long he's been there, I dont remember seeing him on my previous visit (approx 3 weeks ago) and I always go and check on the animals whenever I'm passing the store.

Obviously I'm quite local to the shop and if they were willing to rehome him, (although I feel they'd be more likely to rehome him to a rescue than an individual) I'd be more than happy to collect him and do a transport run (although could probably only do a maximum of 5 hour round trip which covers a fair distance because I couldn't leave my other animals for longer than that)

Lets hope tomorrow brings some better news

That would probably get you most of the way to me if need be and I'd certainly do a similar 'leg' of any journey needed. Let me know if I can help this Hector-lookalike!! :thumb:

yeah, I was going to try to see the manager, however I am inexperienced with this (never had to do it before and I'm not the most knowledgeable) so if it gets to technical I might just cry! :shock:

yeah, I was going to try to see the manager, however I am inexperienced with this (never had to do it before and I'm not the most knowledgeable) so if it gets to technical I might just cry! :shock:

Oh it's just we are coming from Scotch Corner in Richmond, North Yorkshire and we thought it was pointless us coming from here when you live nearer.

This poor bunny :( good luck tomorrow. I live in northallerton, so not far away from Middlesbrough. If I can be of any help let me know.

Back