• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

people who dont like animals

That's so funny haha:lol:

My dad is always making silly comments about the bunnies. He's only joking but sometimes it's still upsetting.

Although, he did cry when my soul bunny Barney went to the bridge... he was as gutted as I was.
Aww bless your dad,he must care.I think sometimes they joke because they don,t want to look softies:lol::lol:

when I dont answer them they just make up nasty stories involving my bunnies yes it is bulling but the new management deals with bullying in a humiliating are horrible way or make you feel like a child for getting upset over something them deem as silly

Sigh.......

I dont mind them going on and teasing about other **** but my bunnies mean the world to me

If it didnt happen everyday I wouldnt mind as much but it does...and them doing it when my bunnies are going for ops or are ill etc... is just cruel

Unfortunately, despite being the 3rd most popular pet in the country after dogs & cats, people are seemingly very disapproving when it comes to people being devoted to their rabbits.

I get it all the time, suggestions that I should eat them, that I should give them to people for shooting practice, it's disgusting. They wouldn't like it too much if I said that about their cat or dog.

It's happened so much now that I just let it wash over me - as long as my buns know I love them then that's the main thing. :wave:

I dont really go into much detail about my animals until I get to know someone for reasons like this.

If they aren't that bothered by animals, i won't bore them with the details, but if they do like animals, they get to know all the details, although nothing about poo. That is saved for you guys :lol:

:wave: It amazes me that people can be so wicked in this way, I haven't encountered it that much because I probably would deal with it directly and really embarass them and probably have them in tears.

I think if your young and this happens it's more difficult to deal with it and I personally would refuse to discuss my pets at all in that environment, if anyone questions you tell them assertively 'I don't discuss my animals with people who only take an interest to ridicule me and upset me, find someone else to be the butt of your jokes because I've had enough, mind your own business'. If they continue to question you repeat the same answer and if they still don't get the message advise them that if they continue to 'harrass' you - that you will take it further and make a complaint about them. If you directly specify you don't want to discuss something at work politely and people continue to pressure you then it's classed as 'harrassment' and your HR dept / manager are obliged legally to deal with it.

Outside of that scenario - pity them, they are ignorant and will probably always lurch through life on the fringe of real feelings because they are too shallow to understand 'love' for living things outside of the 'human' spectrum.

People who dont like animals... arnt worth knowing:(

Too true!
TBH my work mates are all fairly into pets though mainly cats & dogs, the odd horse etc.
I'm the only one with a multi species household so people find the buns a bit quirky I guess.
Many people comment on the fact that I'm a farmers daughter with pet rabbits.
This is because where I was brought up is an area decimated by wild buns which the early settlers to this country introduced.
But even my Dad thinks my pet buns are OK & can see the attraction, I think he finds them far removed from wildies!
Your workmates sound like a pack of jerks quite frankly & seem to have little empathy for anyone.
Possibly they do know they are being hurtful (in which case they are desipicable bullies), or maybe not & they are just immature & self absorbed, either way you're the better person.
So let it wash off or else tell them how tedious they are being if you need to get it off your chest.

Im not much younger than them both are nearly 30 and I am 23 but usually I can deal with it and wash it off but lately they have been doing it everyday and if I dont answer them they have a conversation with themselves and just dont quit which is why I am getting so blooming frustrated

Im not much younger than them both are nearly 30 and I am 23 but usually I can deal with it and wash it off but lately they have been doing it everyday and if I dont answer them they have a conversation with themselves and just dont quit which is why I am getting so blooming frustrated

Then I'd let them get on with it, clearly they are winding you up and enjoying the reaction some people get a buzz out of it, if you don't bite they will move onto another victim eventually, don't mention your pets ever again, your giving them the stick to beat you with. (Hugs) it is hard but rise above it.

I get it too, sometimes from work colleagues, even friends and family, they think rabbits are for children and at my age to have a pet rabbit, especially one living in my house, to them is just bonkers! I also get comments about my rabbit being a replacement for a real baby, yawn! And I too get the usual remarks about rabbit pie/stew/hats, not maliciously I might add, to them it's a joke. Quite often I get people singing Bright Eyes by Simon and Garfunkel as well :roll:. I tend to just ignore them but sometimes it does get to me. As others have said, if they don't understand or even want to try then don't even bother mentioning your rabbits in front of them anymore, they'll soon get bored. Good luck and hope it works out.

Last edited:
I get it too, sometimes from work colleagues, even friends and family, they think I'm bonkers! I think they're just ignorant. I get the occasional remark about rabbit pie/stew/hats, not maliciously I might add, to them it's a joke. Quite often I get people singing Bright Eyes by Simon and Garfunkel as well :roll:. I tend to just ignore them but sometimes it does get to me.

I sing that all the time to my rabbits they like it, I would actually laugh if they started singing that to me and I'd join in singing louder but, I'd keep singing it then till they couldn't take anymore, especially when one of them is having a bad day :lol:

I don't get this much, I do get told I spoil my animals but never anything else. My Auntie hates animals, she's a twin and its funny because the twin is animal mad, and she hates every animal but rabbits :lol: She thinks dogs are disgusting and won't come to my house, which is fine by me as I don't want her here! :D

I get it too, sometimes from work colleagues, even friends and family, they think rabbits are for children and at my age to have a pet rabbit, especially one living in my house, to them is just bonkers! I also get comments about my rabbit being a replacement for a real baby, yawn! And I too get the usual remarks about rabbit pie/stew/hats, not maliciously I might add, to them it's a joke. Quite often I get people singing Bright Eyes by Simon and Garfunkel as well :roll:. I tend to just ignore them but sometimes it does get to me. As others have said, if they don't understand or even want to try then don't even bother mentioning your rabbits in front of them anymore, they'll soon get bored. Good luck and hope it works out.

Makes me cry :oops:

It does usually make me chuckle :lol: as I know they are just joking around. I actually love the song, I'm embarrassed to say I quite like all of Simon and Garfunkel's songs :oops: after you've heard it everyday or a few times in one evening it can be a bit of a bore though :lol: I suppose what I'm getting at is the general attitude that people have towards people with rabbits, until I got mine, I had no idea. If someone said at work that they were getting a cat or a dog, most people would ask 'What breed/age/colour?' etc. and generally be excited about it for them. Get a rabbit and you're asked, 'why?'

I sing that all the time to my rabbits they like it, I would actually laugh if they started singing that to me and I'd join in singing louder but, I'd keep singing it then till they couldn't take anymore, especially when one of them is having a bad day :lol:

Back