• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Peeing On My Bed!!

EffyDaydream

Warren Scout
My bun is normally very good with the litter tray and that's where he does most of his business. Sometimes he'll wee by the guinea pig cage, but I suppose he's just marking his territory or because they smell different (but he doesn't do it by my rat cage). :roll: But when I leave him to roam around my room when I'm out, most of the time when I come back he's weed on my bed! Just now he was sitting on top of his cage and I was giving him some nose rubs, then I went and sat back on my bed. He hopped over and got on the bed (silly me thinking it was because he wanted to come and see me :roll:) then just weed on my bed right in front of me! :evil: He's not neutered and I know this can help, but I'm not sure if he's old enough yet (the vet said he has to be 4 months, but I don't know when he was born - I guessed start of July, but no idea really :roll:) and I don't have the spare cash at the moment. Is there anything else I can do to stop him?? He did it the other day and I hadn't washed it yet, I thought maybe if it still smelled like his wee he wouldn't do it again... Or does he just think my bed is his litter tray now? Please help me, I don't want to have to keep him caged when I'm out! :(

:D I guess a lot of rabbits do that. Try this - every time your rabbit is on the bed and you see that he wants to pee, loudly clap with your hands or/and just put him in the litter tray. I did this couple of times with my bun and it worked :D

Rabbits like peeing on things that smell of you. My buck used to pee on my couch, every time he jumped up. I just pushed him down every time he jumped up before he had chance to pee. Eventually he understood that he wasn't allowed on the couch. When I neutered him, I let him up again and he was fine. If he even LOOKED like he was about to pee, I pushed him down lol. He learnt that peeing on the couch was a big no no.

I also had this problem with both my does. They were both neutered but it took me months for them to stop them peeing on my bed. I just covered my bed every time I was out with shower curtains, until they just stopped lol.

Before he was neutered, Bunchkin would wee every time he was on the sofa. I had to stop him from hopping up there - every time he jumped up, I put him on the floor again saying 'No!'. Until you can get him neutered I guess this might be your best option?

He couldn't get up on the bed by himself until after he was neutered (too small before I think), but I did mistakenly put him on there a couple of times when he was small and he weed both times. He can get up there himself now but doesn't wee at all. I've caught him sitting on the sofa once of twice too, but he doesn't wee there anymore either. I really would recommend the neuter ASAP as it's so much better when you can have your bun anywhere without having to worry!

Well it looked like he was about to do it again, so I clapped really loud and he bolted. I guess he's in a mood with me now because he's sleeping on top of his cage, but with his back to me now. :lol: I don't want to banish him from the bed altogether, I like him coming to see me, and I think he'd still go on the bed when I'm out (which is when he normally pees there). I might see if I can find some sort of covering to put over my bed for now and hope when he's neutered, he wont find my bed so appealing! He's quite small, but my bed is quite low, so he can hop up or climb up very easily. I haven't noticed him weeing on anything else though (like piles of clothes/uniform and teddies and stuff I have about and that he sits on sometimes) so I suppose it's not too bad. :roll:

Back