• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Peace and War Part 1

Captainsfluff

Warren Scout
So, Jill for Honey Bunnies Rehoming centre came to introduce Whist (who I have since named velvet as her coat is literally like black velvet) to my current house bun Captain (he is a butterfy marked lop, he on the pic under my name)

They got introduced in the kitchen as Captain doesn't, by choice ever venture in there, he isn't keen on ceramic floors.

So they were fine in there, a bit suspicious of one another, but no meaness. As Jill started to leave tho, Velvet started nipping captiabn on the bum (she is clearly initial domminater of the duo) Captain looked rather disgruntled by this but just put up with it. Jill told me to put Velvet in captains cage to get her used to his smell , but this is captains toilet. And she started eating his food and he didn't like that. Jill had left by this point and i thought how i couldnt have Velvet in Captains cage for the night coz he won't know where to pee and he immediatly started doing protest poos all over the lounge.

So I dragged the cage to the kitchen, opened the door and also put captain in the kitchen too. Velvet did not seem to want to come out of the cage, so captain got in to say this is my cage lady! she started to nudge him out of the cage tho n he was clearly a very annoyed little guy! So i took them both out of the cage, shut it and used it to barricage them into the kitchen (there is no proper door on the kitchen) and sat in there with them. Captain sat hunched in the corner looking distinctly nervous and Velvet hopped about exploring. Every time she went near Captain however he tried to bop her and i had to keep ramming a newspaper between them as distraction or making high pitch noises to startle them into submissison. She kept thumping and grunting at him, this went on for about half an hour.

Then i started pottering around the kitchen trying to do lunch for today and they just sat there each in opposite corners of the door frame motionless. They stayed like this for about 40 mins just not doing anything, so i kept giving each of them equal strokes in between what i was doing. They didn't try to approach one another again. Then captain started trying to find a way out of the kitchen, realised he couldn't and gave up, then Velvet did the same. So i decided to call it a day as was getting on for 10 and they weren't affectionate enough to be trusted in the same room whilst i slept. So I put Velvet in the bathroom with food, water, hay, litter tray, snuggle tent (which she really seems to like which is good becuase captain never uses it so is her toy now) some greens and cardboard tubes.

She seems quite happy in here and Captain returned to his usual routine and self within minuites.

I am going to try again tonight and cleanse the main room with white vinegar spray and hoover, also clean captains cage and Velvets litter out so everything is as neutralised as possible. See how they are in kitchen together and if fighting subsides allow them into the main room.

Would anyone reccomend I do things differently, point out if they feel I am going wrong anywhere or advise for round 2 tonight. I work full time so they are currently still seperated at home.

Back