• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pairs, Trios or Quads?

missniknak

Alpha Buck
Hello lovely, knowledgeable RU people :wave:
I'm hoping you could help me out with a little bit of advice.
My current situation is this; I have a bonded male/female pair with Toby and Maisy, and a single female, Nof. Toby and Maisy have been together for 2 years now. They have a hutch and run outside, and get free-range time in the walled garden everyday. Nof's hutch and run is next to them, and she gets separate free range time in the same garden. When I adopted Nof from Angie at BARC, Angie told me that Nof was an independent bun who would make a great house bun, except for the fact she loves being out and about in the garden. Angie felt she would be fine as a single outdoor bun as long as she got lots of human attention and could see other buns. This was spot on advice. I believe Angie had tried to bond Nof a couple of times, but she ended up being a bossy boots to her pal. When we first brought Nof home, Maisy was awful, racing round the garden with her tail raised and being a grump. She is much better now, and even chins Nof through the bars of her run. Recently, I have noticed that they are all spending more time with one another during play time. So Nof sits next to Toby and Maisy's run when she free-ranges, and they sit next to her run when it's their time to play out.
I have thought that Nof might take to a friend now. She's still pretty independent, but she is getting more loving with me, plus she is spending her time with the other two when she can. Do you think it is worth trying a trio? I haven't previously as Maisy is a strong female (part Nethie, mostly grumpy!) as is Nof. Nof is a diva too, and puts her head down to the other two to love her! I've never seen her try to groom the other two. Or should I keep them separate, and get Nof her own husbun? It would have to be a boy that thought she was the bees knees though. Would it be possible to put two pairs together at a later date?
Sorry for all the questions but I really would like to see Nof with other buns to play with.
Thanks in advance for any help :D

Back