• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Our beautiful Toby

Thanks everybun. I struggle to reply big messages about Toby as causes pain in my heart. But thank you everybun xxx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Give yourself time. Grieving is difficult to bear sometimes.

This and there is no cut off point as to when grieving 'should' stop. Sometimes it never does, we simply learn to live with it and ride the storms when they hit. Which they can frequently do for no apparent reason. There does not have to be a reason. It is as it is.

Losing a Soul Rabbit, a once in a lifetime companion and true friend, is a loss that no-one can understand unless they have first hand experience of it x

This and there is no cut off point as to when grieving 'should' stop. Sometimes it never does, we simply learn to live with it and ride the storms when they hit. Which they can frequently do for no apparent reason. There does not have to be a reason. It is as it is.

Losing a Soul Rabbit, a once in a lifetime companion and true friend, is a loss that no-one can understand unless they have first hand experience of it x

This. Janes reply beautifully captures how we all feel about our buns, and also how we feel towards those who share that experience.
Sending you hugs and thinking of you. Xx

Last edited:
Thanks all. Bunnies hit me in my sweet spot. I loves em! I will try and stop over sharing my grief

Thanks all. Bunnies hit me in my sweet spot. I loves em! I will try and stop over sharing my grief

You are not over sharing, and please don’t stop telling us how you feel. You shouldn’t bottle this stuff up, tell us, we understand after all.

Hugs xx

I think you should share your grief for as long as you want and need to.
There's no way to get over things, just to learn to live with them as they are.
I think that talking helps with this, and you just need to re-run it over.

Hugs for you x

So true.

We're here to hear and to share. There's no shame in admitting how you feel and I for one am not judgemental. We all feel the same so please don't feel you can't say how you are feeling

I don't think you share enough of your grief Lucy- please never hold back from sharing as much as you want. We get it. Whenever I've had a bunny loss I've found it helps to talk & share, all of it. It continues to be a priviledge to see more photos & hear more stories about your amazing Toby xx

Please don't stop :(

I must admit I think it's really brave of you, I've never really been able to share about Fleur, only recently have I let myself know that she once existed again.

Everyone here knows exactly what you're going through and it's so awful and if you can reach out to people and feel heard, which I hope you do, then I think that's a really positive thing for you.

I wish I could be as brave as you xx

Sent via carrier pigeon

Adding my support. I lost my first rabbit, Spenser, last year and although I have another furry companion now I will always miss Spenser. I've always found talking about him and looking at photos is a comfort. Your Toby sounds like a very special bun.

Beyond The Rainbow

As much as I loved the life we had and all the times we played,
I was so very tired and knew my time on earth would fade.
I saw a wondrous image then of a place that's trouble-free
Where all of us can meet again to spend eternity.

I saw the most beautiful Rainbow, and on the other side
Were meadows rich and beautiful -- lush and green and wide!
And running through the meadows as far as the eye could see
Were animals of every sort as healthy as could be!
My own tired, failing body was fresh and healed and new
And I wanted to go run with them, but I had something left to do.

I needed to reach out to you, to tell you I'm alright
That this place is truly wonderful, then a bright Glow pierced the night.
'Twas the Glow of many Candles shining bright and strong and bold
And I knew then that it held your love in its brilliant shades of gold.

For although we may not be together in the way we used to be,
We are still connected by a cord no eye can see.
So whenever you need to find me, we're never far apart
If you look beyond the Rainbow and listen with your heart.

By Cate Guyan © 1995

haKEFIY.jpg

Beyond The Rainbow

By Cate Guyan © 1995

haKEFIY.jpg

Oh wow. I can't stop crying at that. That is beyond beautiful Jane.

Beyond The Rainbow

By Cate Guyan © 1995

haKEFIY.jpg
:love: just beautiful:love:

Beyond The Rainbow

By Cate Guyan [emoji767] 1995

haKEFIY.jpg
Xxx Thank you Jane xxx

I don't think you share enough of your grief Lucy- please never hold back from sharing as much as you want. We get it. Whenever I've had a bunny loss I've found it helps to talk & share, all of it. It continues to be a priviledge to see more photos & hear more stories about your amazing Toby xx

Exactly this.

Toby's thread could be like a shrine that you visit any time you need to and share thoughts of Toby.

Thank you everyone. I wasn't expecting to have so many lovely messages this morning.

The thing that troubles me... I knew he was going to die young or early. The amount of stasis and gas episodes, me and OH had actually discussed PTS if he kept doing it because I didn't want him to die like Millie did. Obviously both being pets a home bunnies and the same age I believe they had genetics. I could see that Toby was acting off so I kept taking him to John. We had the choking, then I just had a feeling so I took him on the Monday to get his heart checked. Then on the Saturday he was In stasis then died Monday. I was so happy to go and collect him as I thought we had got away with it one more time. I see him him his carrier and he was looking really knackered and woobly on his feet. Just like Charlie did on the way home from John's after his ear surgery and stasis. I said to joe 'what pain killers have they give him he's off his nut". I even said "do you want to pull over and have a look at him?" OH said "it will be the pain killers again, John's let him go home for a reason". Then we continued driving and then he kept falling about and that's when I phoned the practice. John came back and we turnt the car around he was getting worse and worse then his head rotated to the side and collapsed. We managed to find a random vet on the way and ran through reception shouting if anyone could help us. A vet just grabbed the carrier and rushed him in. Our Toby had gone. We had to continue driving to John where he was waiting.

I feel like it was a really cruel way for Toby to die, he really suffered for around 20 minutes and there was nothing I could do. I wish I had him PTS or was able to treat him at home. Toby wanted to live to though, he loved food, climbing, attention, running around. He enjoyed his little life.

I did everything I could to help Toby. I did not want to loose him like Millie and my life was constant worry.

He was such a funny special boy and ill miss him always.

I get bad flashbacks at random times, could be working, out shopping. Will I ever be able to process that?

Sorry if anyone actually read all that just needed to write stuff. I'm going to go intrude the Syrup-Hoppington warren now and tell them I love them.

Last edited:
Back