• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Orphaned Kits- *URGENT ADVICE NEEDED*

Dad is owners Sister's Rabbit. They wanted to let their two Does have babies so as the (human) children could see how baby Bunnies develop...........

My head hits brick wall............:roll:

OMG what planet do some people come from!?!?!?!?! :shock::shock::shock::shock: Thank god for people like you Jane, that's all I can say :D:D:D:D

Dad is owners Sister's Rabbit. They wanted to let their two Does have babies so as the (human) children could see how baby Bunnies develop...........

My head hits brick wall............:roll:

You wouldn't believe how often I hear this at the vets, mainly rabbits and cats. Sometime I could just scream!!!!!!!!!!

perhaps they should sit there children in filth they are in too eh, i would never go out to a party after id lost one of my buns the fact they seem not to care discusts me,

Mummy Bunny seems to be doing OK with the orphaned kits :)
I will try to keep going round there but I dont want to make the owners think I am checking up on them......even though I am..........

May be you could invite them around to yours so that they can see how bunnies should be kept.They might take the hint and realise that rabbits shouldn't live in filthy conditions:roll::roll:

Glad they seem to be doing well:D
Poor bunnies though:cry:
Why do people think it is ok for them to live in filthy conditions:cry::cry:

Jane you're an angel. Not least for keeping your cool around the bunnies' owners. :evil:
Hope all kits and mumbun continue to do well. Poor loves x x x

I did not go round again yesterday as not only was one of my Buns seriously ill but the other Bun's owners had friends over for a BBQ
I have given them my phone number and said to call if the need more help.
I want to be round there every day but they aren't my Rabbits and if I am too full-on the owners will probably tell me to :censored: off

Spinach Babies...

Well, to be honest I've never hand reared an orphaned kit, but I HAVE read many books, and I know that you can foster a baby. The auther said that it's always good to have baby food spinach on hand. She had a two week old Holland Lop, and it pulled throub quite well. They grew a great bond, and the baby loved it. You just use a little siringe (without needle, of course) and put some baby food spinach inside. You put a little drop on teh babys nose, and it should lick it off. The kit should learn to love it, if it doesn't at start. I'm not too sure, but I think you should try to get the other doe to foster them, and if they're are too many for her, hand rear one or two... Good luck,
~Anna~

Well done, Jane.
I know it's a difficult situation but can you try to get the people to allow us to home the babies? You know exactly what will happen otherwise - they'll be given away to just anyone to God knows what life.
If you lay it on thick about uterine cancer we will gladly neuter mum for them and it would be nice for the rabbit if they kept a boy to keep her company (neutered at our cost of course!) x

Well done, Jane.
I know it's a difficult situation but can you try to get the people to allow us to home the babies? You know exactly what will happen otherwise - they'll be given away to just anyone to God knows what life.
If you lay it on thick about uterine cancer we will gladly neuter mum for them and it would be nice for the rabbit if they kept a boy to keep her company (neutered at our cost of course!) x

I'll see what I can do, Thank-you :)

Hoping babies and Mum will all be ok xx

I took an a Mum and babies earlier this year that were not being cared for properly and living in filth! the owners allowed me to take them :D and then Mum was returned to them once she was spayed and I rehomed all the babies :) ( neutered of course )

hope it works out well :)

Back