• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Only one thing to do with a wet pussy

Aww...beautiful! 🥰
I have a little electronic fireplace/heater thingummy that Jenna would sit in my lap in front of after I'd give her a bath, but the darned thing is so expensive to run I haven't used it in years. 😔 There's something so soothing about watching the flames, even if they're fake. 😄

I also did a double take at the title haha.

Cats are so funny how they love heat so much.

I have a cat who lays on the car hood every time we get home. Even if the hood is damp from rain. Just that little bit of heat makes his day, but then he refuses to get inside his heated doghouse 😆

Omg you gotta stop 😂

Also wow it looks like velvet! I bet he didn't enjoy that... 😂
He is sooooo soft now.

I really wish he would let us groom him because he has the most amazing coat but the only option we have is to send him to be sedated at the vets for it. 🥺

And he gets so stressed that he has gabapentin for the trip, the vet sedates him straight out of the carrier, nurses shave him and then put him straight back in his carrier to come round.

It's been a year since he last needed it done so that's a small mercy.

And Oliver gets really miffed for a few days because Freddie comes home smelling of the vet.

He is sooooo soft now.

I really wish he would let us groom him because he has the most amazing coat but the only option we have is to send him to be sedated at the vets for it. 🥺

And he gets so stressed that he has gabapentin for the trip, the vet sedates him straight out of the carrier, nurses shave him and then put him straight back in his carrier to come round.

It's been a year since he last needed it done so that's a small mercy.

And Oliver gets really miffed for a few days because Freddie comes home smelling of the vet.
Ohh poor Freddie! :(

How comes he needs shaving? And they don't do all of him? Sorry I only ever had short hair cats I've no idea what you have to do for long haired ones!

Ohh poor Freddie! :(

How comes he needs shaving? And they don't do all of him? Sorry I only ever had short hair cats I've no idea what you have to do for long haired ones!
Ideally, they shouldn't need shaving but they do need regular grooming, otherwise the fur gets matted.

Freddie doesn't let us anywhere near him with a brush though, even though we were doing it daily from when we got him. We can manage his top half with a tube of lick-e-lix (like a frube yoghurt for cats lol) but his armpits and groin area get really matted, especially at this time of year when he starts his heavy moult.

We asked them to leave his mane/shoulders because there was nothing wrong with them. It makes him look odd but it means that, if you look at him front on, he still looks gorgeous pmsl. His underside is all really short though.

Sometimes they can be shaved at the groomers, but Freddie wouldn't cope with it & it would be dangerous all round!

Aw, poor Freddie 😥 We had one like him...not Maine Coon but always very matted. His name was Fuzzy, oddly enough. He was only shaved maybe twice in his life because he hated that 60 mile round trip to the vet and didn't fare well with sedation. But he was always a mess and it grieves me still to think how uncomfy he must've been for most of his life. 😥

Back