• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Omg...she had the babies...theres 10!!!

I would PM WalnutEarth on here. She may be able to give you some advice re caring for a Doe who's had such a big litter

:)

Jelly gave birth in the day, at 1 in the afternoon, every morning i went out to check, and nothing, and then at 12 i gave her her lunch, and at 1 i went togive her some more hay and i heard all this noise coming from the bedroom!

she had 8, 2 were very small and when they were all furry at 7 days, 2 of them werent :(

but they all survived!

well done for taking her in

Fingers crossed for all those babies!!

Well done super mummy! and you of course for rescuing her in the nick of time!

Well mum and babies are still doing fine...im a bit on edge at the moment though...i dont think i dare go to bed tonight,i just dont want to leave them in case something happens,i want to be here if she rejects any.
im so glad i got her in time as i dont know what the outcome would have been for mum or the babies :?

Please dont take pics until they are coming out of the nest - they're not toys and shouldnt be mucked about with and some people believe the flash can hurt their eyes.

Personally I wouldn't attempt handrearing, if the mother kicks them out theres normally a reason and mother nature knows best. Plus the success rate is minimal.

Try not to worry, most of its beyond your control anyway, just make sure mum is well fed with plenty of calcium and do your headcounts and leave it at that.

Feel free to PM me if you need advice.

Please dont take pics until they are coming out of the nest - they're not toys and shouldnt be mucked about with and some people believe the flash can hurt their eyes.

Personally I wouldn't attempt handrearing, if the mother kicks them out theres normally a reason and mother nature knows best. Plus the success rate is minimal.

Try not to worry, most of its beyond your control anyway, just make sure mum is well fed with plenty of calcium and do your headcounts and leave it at that.

Feel free to PM me if you need advice.

when i said i would post pic's as soon as i can,i meant as soon as i can,which is obviously not now.
I would never treat any of my pets as toy's,or muck around with them.

Last edited:
Back