• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Omg Look What I Just Found

I think we should ALL email them complaining!!!
They are :censored: ing :censored: 's :evil: :evil: :evil:

Might be an ok home for a beetle!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah bombard the b*****ds!! Have they got an e-mail address, is there a link to the RSPCA legislation, we should all send them that and ask why they make such bad hutches.

Yeah bombard the b*****ds!! Have they got an e-mail address, is there a link to the RSPCA legislation, we should all send them that and ask why they make such bad hutches.

did anyone find any details? think a load of e-mails to the manufacturer AND the retailers is called for !

incidentally - there is a show at the NEC called GLEE happens every year and is trade show for garden centres etc and also has pet supplies. i spoke to a few of the suppliers last year about the size of their hutches and they maintained the smaller ones were for guinnea pigs - even though they were labelled 'rabbit hutch' !!i will be going again this year as i have clients in the garden industry, so if anyone can point me in the direction of some solid facts, i will go armed this time. If anyone wants to join me you can register online - don't know the url - just google GLEE

did anyone find any details? think a load of e-mails to the manufacturer AND the retailers is called for !

incidentally - there is a show at the NEC called GLEE happens every year and is trade show for garden centres etc and also has pet supplies. i spoke to a few of the suppliers last year about the size of their hutches and they maintained the smaller ones were for guinnea pigs - even though they were labelled 'rabbit hutch' !!i will be going again this year as i have clients in the garden industry, so if anyone can point me in the direction of some solid facts, i will go armed this time. If anyone wants to join me you can register online - don't know the url - just google GLEE

PS i'm not up on hutches as i have house buns :D

Oh My Gosh!!!

WTC??? Those are horrible! The also sad thing is that most ppl prolly have their bunnies LIVING in one of those and not even having a run for them or anything! Do they think that bunnies have no brains and no need to accually get some energy out??:censored: :censored: :censored: Those IDIOTS!!:cry:

Thing is would the rspca do anything if we approached them?? There's no actual animal involved as such (despite the probable hundreds of suffering bunnies caused by this idiotic company). unless it actually becomes illegal to sell hutches so small there's not a lot to do. do you reckon it would be worth speaking to trading standards?? with the rspca legislation as back up, you'd think they'd be able to say something. at the end of the day if someone buys one of them hutches for a bun and then get fined etc by the rspca surely that person would say that the hutch was marketed as a rabbit hutch so it should have been ok? If you get what i'm saying???:?

Thing is would the rspca do anything if we approached them?? There's no actual animal involved as such (despite the probable hundreds of suffering bunnies caused by this idiotic company). unless it actually becomes illegal to sell hutches so small there's not a lot to do. do you reckon it would be worth speaking to trading standards?? with the rspca legislation as back up, you'd think they'd be able to say something. at the end of the day if someone buys one of them hutches for a bun and then get fined etc by the rspca surely that person would say that the hutch was marketed as a rabbit hutch so it should have been ok? If you get what i'm saying???:?

Interesting this raises a whole new issue on, on-product labelling and descriptions. I think i am right in saying that they have not breached any Trading Standards as they have given correct measurements and by describing them as they do this is mearly an 'invitation to buy' and by purchasing the buyer accepts the terms (would be most happy to be wrong if anyone knows any different) If the RSPCA standards were mandatory and not a recommendation then this would be the best starting point. Meanwhile if responsible hutch builders could clearly label and market their products as complying and exceeding RSPCA recommendations then people may start to get the idea.

Its so frustrating there are so many people here who care, i wish we could find a way to start actioning some of these things as a collective, i know we all have such busy lives but if we share maybe we can make a difference. For example can we :-

Establish RSPCA guidelines and the legal implications

Find a mailing list of Hutch manufacturers

Draft a letter on minimum specifications and suggest approprite labelling for responsible manufacturers

Mail out and also send copies to Veterinary Centres and Pet Shops

I believe these are all do-able and if we share we can make it happen :D

How about if i said that i will draft a letter and organise mailing once armed with the facts? Can anyone help with the info gathering? I will need to try and get charitable funding from a mailing house if the volume is large, i have a few contacts but if anyone else does too then please let me know.

Come on guys we can do this :D

i bought a rabbit cage which is just like a large hamster cage in ignorance... it werent until i got my bun home i realised thats a rubbish house for any pet and reading on a different forum i found out how much space they really do need!! i have now attached an additional exercise pen onto the cage so Alvin can still run around.... hes only locked up at night or when we arent there to supervise the little monster.... we also had to make our own chipmunk cage because the rubbish on the market just isnt big enough :cry: and the cost is shocking too!!!

hi btw im new :wave:

How about this for an e-mail?:

Hello,
I was looking through your website and I was shocked at the sizes of the hutches you sell. They do not meet the RSPCA standards and they are not suitable for rabbits.
A single rabbit needs a minimum of 2ftx5ft space, two rabbits need 2ftx6ft.
These hutches are cleary unsuitable for rabbits to live in, they need more space than provided in your hutches.
Thanks,
Beth

I'll try and find a link for the RSPCA standards

Last edited:
great e-mail draft beth! although i'd have liked to have been more snotty;) . is there a way we could all sign one like a petition kind of thing? might email em myself tho just to see what they say.

I'm glad i've bought this shocking company to light, hopefully one day people will stop keeping their buns in terrible housing.

Back