• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

OMG I HAVE JUST HAD THE SHOCK OF MY LIFE!!!!!!! VERY LONG

Wow Nieena Spot and your dookie would just make the perfect couple!!!

It's a pain in the bum, as i am just in the middle of having all the girls spayed!!! Louise i am always v careful handeling babies, rub hands in poo and such like!!!! :D Ewwww grosss but gotta be done! Mum does'nt mind me being there at all spot is normally and very nippy bun she has taken a couple of chunks out of me before but just now i can stroke her pick her up and sit next to each other and not a tooth in site!! Pregnancy obviously agrees with her!! I checked th babes this evening all very fat and all roughly the same size apart from the big black bun!! I will update you all in the coming weeks. :D :D

Phill said:

It's a pain in the bum, as i am just in the middle of having all the girls spayed!!! Louise i am always v careful handeling babies, rub hands in poo and such like!!!! :D Ewwww grosss but gotta be done! Mum does'nt mind me being there at all spot is normally and very nippy bun she has taken a couple of chunks out of me before but just now i can stroke her pick her up and sit next to each other and not a tooth in site!! Pregnancy obviously agrees with her!! I checked th babes this evening all very fat and all roughly the same size apart from the big black bun!! I will update you all in the coming weeks. :D :D

believe it or not my bracken was just the same a nasty piece of work, then when she had the babys she became sweetness and light, but when i removed the babies from her at 9.5 weeks she went back to being a miserable ***** again, a little better since being spayed now! weird i think!

Yeh eve Pan had babies just after she came to us and she ws lovely! Now she will take my fingers off has done for 2 years i had her spayed three weeks ago and she was being nice for the first two but now she's back to normal! Evil buns :twisted:

Phill said:
Yeh eve Pan had babies just after she came to us and she ws lovely! Now she will take my fingers off has done for 2 years i had her spayed three weeks ago and she was being nice for the first two but now she's back to normal! Evil buns :twisted:

BUT WE LOVE EM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

omg that would be just my luck :lol: :lol: :lol: good luck with the farm
maybe nows the time to start selling pigies pooh and rabbits and chickens pooh on ebay ha ha ha

charmaine said:
omg that would be just my luck :lol: :lol: :lol: good luck with the farm
maybe nows the time to start selling pigies pooh and rabbits and chickens pooh on ebay ha ha ha

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have checked on the babys and all are doing brillianlty all very fat and wriggley!!! i love them already! One of the little wild coloured ones curled up and went to sleep in my hand!! It was so cute!

bunnylove said:
Phill said:

believe it or not my bracken was just the same a nasty piece of work, then when she had the babys she became sweetness and light, but when i removed the babies from her at 9.5 weeks she went back to being a miserable ***** again, a little better since being spayed now! weird i think!

Saying that Sugars was the most horrid cow ever before!!! she is really sweet since having the babies mind you, they haven't left her yet so i am wondering if she will go back to the way she was!!! hope not!!! :shock:

when i was 16 i had a female rabbit called jessica she was a new zealand white and she was evil pure and simple :twisted: .then she had babbies and was gr8 but when the babbies got to 6-7 weeks she was nasty to them and me again :(

OMG!!! what a shock and love the statement about how you felt when you discovered the babies, very lady-like! :thumb: :lol: :lol:

How interesting! :D Can’t wait to see pix when they are older. Toby’s offspring came out a wild bunny colour, but what shock to hear your bun mated with a wild bunny! Has she been to the vets for a check over? Just in case she caught anything (though I doute she has). Good luck with the buns.

Hey emma, Yeh the three that escaped had a good check from the vet a week after they escaped when they got there jabs then they were in quarantine for 3 weeks and when i moved velvet in with her new family a week later baby's!! there are some pics in stories and photos taken this week they look huge!!!!

Back