• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

omg ...fly eggs on Flopsey

The rearguard will work dont worry obv youll still be checking so even if they do land on her youll notice hun.
Did you do right up back and belly also (half way up) and remember if she gets wet youll have to reapply it as it gets washed off.
I found flies landing on my buns when its wet must give smell off but what it does is kills the eggs before they have chance to hatch, so you still may see flies on/around her.
flystrike is a terrible thing I rearguard my 2 now even though they are fine just as extra precauttions. I know some say that there is no point but untill inventions are made full healthy buns in this area I feel its safer.
I watched one of mine suffer before and its terrible it only takes couple of hours and its too late. The worst bit is people always check bums but as you found out it can be anywhere. Mine had them hatching on her face which really upset me as her gorgeous little face was fine, she sometimes had stinly bot but we washed her when it smelled.
well done for noticing so quickly.
Oh did you check the hip area wasn't any scab there or anything? just flies attract to unhealthy parts generally., but not always.

Back