• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ok to leave in all day and night?

The problem with foxes is you won't necessarily see them. But if it takes 4 people to move the run, the wire is sturdy enough not to be undone or chewed through and you put a nice hasp or bolt on the door that you can padlock closed, I'm sure they will come to no harm. They'll certainly be much happier by the sound of it.

The problem with foxes is you won't necessarily see them. But if it takes 4 people to move the run, the wire is sturdy enough not to be undone or chewed through and you put a nice hasp or bolt on the door that you can padlock closed, I'm sure they will come to no harm. They'll certainly be much happier by the sound of it.

Yes i think they will:)

Honestly, I would leave them out...my buns are much happier not getting put in for the night. BUT I know for a fact that they can't be got at by animals (first floor flat, enormous balcony).

If you are sure there are no foxes...not everywhere has them...or that your mesh is fully secure then I would leave them out.

Good luck - even for me in my location it was very nervewracking the first few days...

Emma

Obviously, I don't have fox in my city. But what if there is a fence, say wood fence surrounds the backyard w/ the wood pushes to the very bottom of the soil? Would fox still be able to puncture thru somehow?

I think, when it comes to foxes, short of locking the buns in a bomb shelter, there are only so many precautions you can take....mine use their runs unsupervised because the alternative is them only getting a few hours out time a 4-5 times a week which is just not good enough.

A family adopted a bun from me 3 years ago to live in a playhouse (with a run during the day)....one night a fox leavered off the roof and took both bunnies. :cry::cry:

I never would have thought it possible.

Back