• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh Vibes please for Rosie/ UD p.22 Vet says she is ok, she came home bleeding.

Poor Rosie

Vet has checked her and say's he can't find anything wrong with Rosie, said it's not bladder stones, doesn't think she has cystitis or it's a blockage.
He said we have done the right thing giving her the meds we did as that's what he would have given her, but he gave her an antibiotic injection and said if she is no better by morning to take her back :(

I noticed all her fur all bloody and where he's injected her it was really coming out, we have had to clean her up and stop the bleeding. :(

The vet we usually see has been off having an operation to her arm for 5 weeks, Thank God she's back next week. You don't expect to see blood dripping down your bunnies fur :(

Rosie seems a bit brighter now, but she's on bun watch for the night.

Poor Rosie.

7-3-11008.jpg

7-3-11007.jpg

Poor Rosie, I am glad she seems a little better.
I have never known a bunny to bleed like that after an injection:shock: I would be very distressd at seeing that.

I suppose the vet could of hit a vein during the injection. It happens in humans dring jabs and can take a while to stop bleeding :? very odd though!

Vibes for the poor girlie :(

:shock: That does look like a lot of blood! Poor Rosie :( I hope the antibiotics do the trick and she's a lot better in the morning. Sending more vibes xx

Oh my goodness, please complain, that is terrible, poor, poor Rosie, that must really be sore, poor little girl

I think you should print off those pictures and take them in with you and complain and let them know how upset you are you

Sending her masses of vibes and snuggles xx

Oh my goodness, please complain, that is terrible, poor, poor Rosie, that must really be sore, poor little girl

I think you should print off those pictures and take them in with you and complain and let them know how upset you are you

Sending her masses of vibes and snuggles xx

I have took photo's and I'm going to show our usual vet when she get's back as this has never happened before and the blood was dripping down her fur and I was quite shocked. It took several cotton wool swabs before it would stop and the cotton wool was covered in blood. I've just been to check her to see how she is and it has stopped bleeding but I noticed her companion Murphy had been washing her there. I wish I'd never sent her now :(

I have took photo's and I'm going to show our usual vet when she get's back as this has never happened before and the blood was dripping down her fur and I was quite shocked. It took several cotton wool swabs before it would stop and the cotton wool was covered in blood. I've just been to check her to see how she is and it has stopped bleeding but I noticed her companion Murphy had been washing her there. I wish I'd never sent her now :(

Big hugs Maysie, how were you to know that would happen? You couldnt have. You needed to take her to be checked over. But I cant quite work out how this has happened, because from the pics (I didnt want to look too hard :oops:) look like a nasty gash :cry: I agree with Snowy about complaining.

I hope she will be ok in the morning. Sending more vibes for her xx

Oh Maysie, please don't beat yourself up, you did what you thought was right and any of us would have taken our bunnies straight to the vets, you weren't to know and she is OK now, the bleeding has stopped and I am sure she will be fine, sending hugs x

It is not good that the vet did not spot the bleeding and that should be commented on
If an injection catches a vein they can bleed..I've only seen it twice..and a little blood goes a long way on white fur.
I doubt the vet meant it to happen and was unlucky in catching a vein, the point I would complain about, if it was my rabbit, was the fact the bleeding was not spotted in the surgery and dealt with there. It would have saved you a lot of worrying and the shock of seeing blood.
I'm glad Rosie is ok

It is not good that the vet did not spot the bleeding and that should be commented on
If an injection catches a vein they can bleed..I've only seen it twice..and a little blood goes a long way on white fur.
I doubt the vet meant it to happen and was unlucky in catching a vein, the point I would complain about, if it was my rabbit, was the fact the bleeding was not spotted in the surgery and dealt with there. It would have saved you a lot of worrying and the shock of seeing blood.
I'm glad Rosie is ok

Mike went with Rosie to the vets and he has just said he thinks the vet will not have noticed as when he went to put the syringe in the sharps bin after injecting Rosie Mike picked Rosie up and put her back in the pet carrier so I may leave it at that. Rosie seem's ok now, I shall check the site of the injection tomorrow. Like you said a little blood goes a long way on white fur.
The main thing is she is ok. :)

COMPLAIN! if a doctor was to do that to somebody, it would be classed as negligence, so you definitely need to complain about him! Poor thing :( :( hope she's okay and thank goodness the usual vet is back soon!
x

Back