• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh flip, not again (Qu #46)

:(

I was so sorry to read this over the weekend, but couldnt reply on my phone for some reason.

How is he today Schuey?

Mum gave them pellets this morning and she hasn't said he didn't eat them. At the moment he's snoozing with Nutmeg in his usual fashion, not in his sitting up I feel ill fashion.

I started thinking last night that I think I will start giving these two those treat ums again because when I gave him those I didn't have any problems. And the timing of the issues... Nov, Dec (both when we had those very cold spells) and then March make me think it could well be fur related. He also is very much the groomer in this relationship so grooms himself and Nutmeg, whereas Nutmeg only grooms herself most of the time. I'll also have to get more on top of grooming him. I have to take him out of the room to do this, otherwise he scampers off, so I wasn't sure if this would stress him but it seems the better evil.

I hope he is still eating:)

Just as an aside Tiesto has kept going off of her food every few weeks for the last few months. After bonding her to Buuren she just went mad and had one day eating, next not.

Mark did a full investigative on her and found her potassium levels are slightly low but more importantly the x-ray showed that two of her vertbrea are too close together. Basically something similar to a slipped disk in a human.

Have you considered asking Mark to do the same thing for Smudge, as I put Tiesto's bouts of Ileus down to stress too:?

That's good to know hancy. Something I'd bear in mind. With him you can visibly see how stressed he is. He shakes violently and hunches and tries to hide, so I'd rather try other stuff first and see if we get any results.

How is Tiesto now?

They are such odd creatures! With a dog or cat, they tell you in no uncertain terms something is wrong, but rabbits, you have to turn into Sherlock Holmes:lol:

Tiesto is fine thank you eating like a pig, on Metacam and waiting for some glucosamine to be sent:)

Do you think it would be too soon to let him have some time on the grass? He's been eating well and seems back to normal and there isn't anything noisy out there today.

I allowed Twix out on the grass after his Bloat episode and I swear that doing normal bunny stuff (running around and grazing) was what helped him recover. I know some people dont like grass straight after these type of episodes, and I am sure it isn't right for some buns, but Twix was so used to grass I really think it was the best thing for him.

He's been a bit quiet again today. I haven't seen him in the hay much today, in fact, he's gone in just now and that's the first I've seen him eat hay but I did get up late and have been out this afternoon. I gave him a little plantain earlier just incase which he nommed so that's kept his tummy going hopefully just in case he was feeling rough.

He's been a bit quiet again today. I haven't seen him in the hay much today, in fact, he's gone in just now and that's the first I've seen him eat hay but I did get up late and have been out this afternoon. I gave him a little plantain earlier just incase which he nommed so that's kept his tummy going hopefully just in case he was feeling rough.

Fingers and paws crossed he carries on nomming.

Back