• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh flip, not again (Qu #46)

He's still feeling sorry for himself :( Have syringed some water into him but apart from that tiny bit of parsley earlier I've not seen him eat. Keeps hunching himself in corners either under my desk or under their table so I keep nudging him to get him moving. It's not very easy, takes a lot of nudging to get him to move which is unlike him.

I just thought about their dried dandy's and plantain and he's tucking into plantain with a little enthusiasm.

My room is a absolute tip but I don't care.

oh hun...hugs for you...vibes for little man xx

im still hoping merlin improves at the vets......theyd make a right pair:(

its so hard and just hwen you think things have got better...boomf down again.

i really hope something becomes tasty nom noms and soon!!

Stasis should be illegal:(

hope all goes well xx

Yes and yes :thumb:

He had some pellets about half 1 so I decided to go to bed. This morning I was greeted with the usual mad dash for pellets from both of them. :thumb: Just need to keep an eye on him for poos now. I'm pretty sure he has been cos there are some dark poos in the trays but can't be certain until I see him on there and then a pile of poops where he was.

Wish I could get to the bottom of what is causing these episodes. :? I'm definitely going to ask Mark at their myxo jabs if I can have a small bottle of metacam to keep at home to try before whisking him off to the vets which is stressful for him.

Hiya :wave:
So sorry to hear Smudge stopped eating again :( So glad that he seems to have bounced back and you both got a good nights rest :D

I wonder what is causing it :? Is he moulting alot at the mo? Iknow my lionheads sem to moult constantly :roll: Would keeping a food diary help?

Loads of poo vibes :wave:

He seems to be constantly moulting but having said that I did notice some strung poos yesterday. I did do some hoovering but normally he is ok with the hoover. I'm wondering if it's the two in combination.

He seems to be constantly moulting but having said that I did notice some strung poos yesterday. I did do some hoovering but normally he is ok with the hoover. I'm wondering if it's the two in combination.

Could be. Whenever I see stringy poos from one of mine I give them all a chunk of fresh pineapple each. Throughout summer I give them so e every other week as Im petrified of blockages (lost Tilly to one :()
It might be an idea ifSmudges tum handles occasional fruit ok? X

Could be. Whenever I see stringy poos from one of mine I give them all a chunk of fresh pineapple each. Throughout summer I give them so e every other week as Im petrified of blockages (lost Tilly to one :()
It might be an idea ifSmudges tum handles occasional fruit ok? X

I did think about that but whenever I've seen it mentioned on here there seems to be varying opinions on it. Though thinking about it he didn't have stasis when I used to give these...

https://www.thehayexperts.co.uk/Hea...ls.644.html?osCsid=itq0dq948mjvk16r15jg77g4f7

I did think about that but whenever I've seen it mentioned on here there seems to be varying opinions on it. Though thinking about it he didn't have stasis when I used to give these...

https://www.thehayexperts.co.uk/Hea...ls.644.html?osCsid=itq0dq948mjvk16r15jg77g4f7

Yeh opinions are very mixed when it comes to giving pineapple. Personally I just treat it as if it were a treat and only give occasionally, like I say every other week or so. My buns love the stuff and I am comforted by the fact it might be helping fur pass through ok.
Has he had tests to rule out other causes ie pain from elsewhere?
How is he this afternoon?
Loads more vibes xxx

Only just seen this :shock: So relieved to hear that he seems to be back on track again - such a worry for you :(

Nose rubs from me x

Yeh opinions are very mixed when it comes to giving pineapple. Personally I just treat it as if it were a treat and only give occasionally, like I say every other week or so. My buns love the stuff and I am comforted by the fact it might be helping fur pass through ok.
Has he had tests to rule out other causes ie pain from elsewhere?
How is he this afternoon?
Loads more vibes xxx

Apart from these episodes he's not shown any sign of pain. It's almost like he gets too scared to eat and then the pain hits. Metacam does seem to be the thing that helps.

Their jabs are in a couple of weeks so I'll have a chat with Mark and see what he thinks about the pineapple idea.

Only just seen this :shock: So relieved to hear that he seems to be back on track again - such a worry for you :(

Nose rubs from me x

He's been a bit cheeky today. Sitting under my desk looking a little hunched and ill but coming running as soon as I open a box of plantain or pellets :lol: I've seen him in the hay several times today and he's flopping a lot more than yesterday.

Apart from these episodes he's not shown any sign of pain. It's almost like he gets too scared to eat and then the pain hits. Metacam does seem to be the thing that helps.

Their jabs are in a couple of weeks so I'll have a chat with Mark and see what he thinks about the pineapple idea.

Yeh, definatly a good ca to speak to your vet first as Smudges tums abit sensitive.
Its a great sign hes being a cheeky monkey :love: Loads of vibes for no more stasis :wave:

Back