• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Now Maddox is in stasis again/He died during the night

I am so grateful to vikkivet for suggesting we put Maddox with El and Ed when Melody died. He had the best few weeks with them, he was binky crazy :) In return he kept Eddie's eyes nice and clean :)

Eddie's eyes are already gunky this morning without Maddox to clean them :(

I am so upset, its strange, I wasn't expecting Hester to die but I coped OK when we lost her Thursday but I always knew Maddox could go at any minute but it has hit me really hard. I think its because he was so full of life and was such a binky bunny that he looked invincible :(

Also why do we always loose rabbits in groups? Up until Thursday we hadn't lost one for over a month when we lost Dumpling, Melody and Moses in the space of a week. Now I have lost Hester and Maddox within a few days of each other :( Why does it always happen like that :cry::cry:

I am so grateful to vikkivet for suggesting we put Maddox with El and Ed when Melody died. He had the best few weeks with them, he was binky crazy :) In return he kept Eddie's eyes nice and clean :)(

It sounds like Maddox had a very happy life. That doesn't make it any easier though, and in some ways probably makes you feel more sad. :cry::cry:

It sounds like Maddox had a very happy life. That doesn't make it any easier though, and in some ways probably makes you feel more sad. :cry::cry:

He actually had the best time since loosing Melody, which sounds awful. I wish I had thought to put him and Melody with the boys when she was still with us :( He was free range most of the day, we had to put the baby gate back on the bedroom door as he kept legging up there and pooing everywhere and hiding under the bed covers :lol: We hadn't needed it since Elwoods leg was amputated.

He also got really excited when Eddie had his baby food in the evening cos he knew him and El would get some at the end. I used to call them when Ed was done and him and El would tear round in circles for ages with excitement before they actually jumped up for the food. Saturday night Maddox was covered in Blueberry baby food as Elwood kept pushing in :love:

I feel so sorry for El and Ed they have lost so many buns that they have taken in to their home. They are clearly upset this morning, Elwood is in attack mode and Eddie is frantically digging his poorly bed, which he did when Tegan died :(

Hopefully little Wesley will cheer them up but I don't know if it is fair to introduce them to another bun who will have a short life, even though it is possible El and Eds lives could be short too :? :(

He was free range most of the day, we had to put the baby gate back on the bedroom door as he kept legging up there and pooing everywhere and hiding under the bed covers :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

I'm so sorry Eddie and Elwood are taking it so badly. :( I haven't had to deal with the loss of a bonded bunny yet, but I don't think they grieve in the same way as we do. They will realise things are different and have obviously noticed Madox is missing, but having Wesley to focus their attention on would probably be therapeutic for them and help them take their minds off other things maybe?

:lol::lol::lol:

I'm so sorry Eddie and Elwood are taking it so badly. :( I haven't had to deal with the loss of a bonded bunny yet, but I don't think they grieve in the same way as we do. They will realise things are different and have obviously noticed Madox is missing, but having Wesley to focus their attention on would probably be therapeutic for them and help them take their minds off other things maybe?

Despite all their losses its the first time the boys have had to be with a dead body as I left Maddox in with them last night and he died next to them. Maddox was not a cuddly bun and made it clear he wanted to be with the boys last night. All 3 were cuddled up on a heat pad before I went to sleep :(

Wesley is also very subdued this morning. I expect part of it is the long journey yesterday and he was hyper last night but also he is probabaly aware that Maddox has passed too as he is in the same room :(

oh Gosh i am so sorry! i did hope he would have a longer life but although short...it was a very happy one..
sorry for your loss xx
binky free with melody and newt xxx

I'm so very sorry Liz :cry:

I'm so glad he had such a happy few weeks with the boys, and hopefully Elwood and Eddie will be ok soon, with little Wesley.

Sleep well beautiful Maddox, at the bridge with Melody and Newt

Back