• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Not pooping after been sprayed

Hello, so both my bunnies where sprayed yesterday.

Milos not drinking that much, but is weeing and popping and eating and moving around a little.

Nosey is drinking little more than milo and eating bits of certain things(not touched her hay from what I can tell, but eat the hay yesterday I sent with her to the vets) shes moving round less than milo, shes not pooped I'm getting worried now. I've called the vets, they have said to bring her in so they can listen to her stomach or something like that. Just waiting for my sister to come pick up and run me down there.

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

I'd ask about pain relief if you've not already got any. its good the vets want to assess her. they might prescribe her gut motility meds & pain relief & syringe feeding. Fresh grass, herbs, dandelions are all good for bunnies & often the first things that will tempt them to eat. Its very early in their recovery - spays are big operations, important though - you've done right in getting them neutered & seeking advice when you're worried.

Good luck at the vets

I'd ask about pain relief if you've not already got any. its good the vets want to assess her. they might prescribe her gut motility meds & pain relief & syringe feeding. Fresh grass, herbs, dandelions are all good for bunnies & often the first things that will tempt them to eat. Its very early in their recovery - spays are big operations, important though - you've done right in getting them neutered & seeking advice when you're worried.

Good luck at the vets
Shes eaten some basil but refused other herbs, a cabbage leaf a cauliflower leaf and some of her normal food and some banana, but compared to milo shes eaten very little as I know that maybe sounds a lot it's taken her hours to finish them where as milo just eat them quickly lol. Still not nibbling at her hay much. Vets said she has a slight temperature and bit of fluid on her chest. Think from anthestic, they have given me antibiotics for her and some high fiber food stuff to mix with water to feed her with a syringe to get her pooping. There booked in for Monday for there 3 day post op check up but lady said call emergency vet tonight or tomorrow if I'm still concerned. Fingers crossed she will be okay . Never wanted to see poop so much in my life.....

Shes eaten some basil but refused other herbs, a cabbage leaf a cauliflower leaf and some of her normal food and some banana, but compared to milo shes eaten very little as I know that maybe sounds a lot it's taken her hours to finish them where as milo just eat them quickly lol. Still not nibbling at her hay much. Vets said she has a slight temperature and bit of fluid on her chest. Think from anthestic, they have given me antibiotics for her and some high fiber food stuff to mix with water to feed her with a syringe to get her pooping. There booked in for Monday for there 3 day post op check up but lady said call emergency vet tonight or tomorrow if I'm still concerned. Fingers crossed she will be okay . Never wanted to see poop so much in my life.....

Oh I forgot to say she has pain relief meds shes had her full dose of it so far today. Been a bit tricky getting them to take there meds, some they take easily. It's a little easyer trying to get them to lick it off a spoon and scared to pick them up in case I hurt them

Glad to hear that the vets were helpful and offering ongoing support. Sending lots of vibes for a speedy recovery for both bunnies, and lots of pooping vibes too !

They sound like they are doing well if they were only spayed yesterday. It takes a while for them to get their normal appetite back. Some don't want to eat at all for the first day. Are they together?

Update, poor nosey had to have a 2nd operation yesterday due to her first operation herniated bless her. She pulled through and is back home and is resting, shes eating and pooping just fine this time around. Shes back in friday morning for her 2nd pre operation check up.

Milos doing great, back to her naughty mischievous self almost. She is rearing to go and wants out of her cage, she was just blinking about a few minutes ago [emoji85], and bar chewing. She has also growled at me today though. And is lunging more when I go to take her food or medicine. As I've written this she chilled out and layed down. Kinda waiting on her getting the all clear on her 10 day post op check before letting her have more space to play in again.

This is nosey resting bless her [emoji173]
edf43e399a36a7aeaf7fe53b694d39c7.jpg

Update, poor nosey had to have a 2nd operation yesterday due to her first operation herniated bless her. She pulled through and is back home and is resting, shes eating and pooping just fine this time around. Shes back in friday morning for her 2nd pre operation check up.

Milos doing great, back to her naughty mischievous self almost. She is rearing to go and wants out of her cage, she was just blinking about a few minutes ago [emoji85], and bar chewing. She has also growled at me today though. And is lunging more when I go to take her food or medicine. As I've written this she chilled out and layed down. Kinda waiting on her getting the all clear on her 10 day post op check before letting her have more space to play in again.

Thank you for the update. It is unfortunate Nosey needed a second op, yet her eating and pooing sounds like she is recovering well. Good work for getting her back to the vet.
Sending Nosey positive vibes.
Great news about milos.
They are both cute.

Thank you for the update. It is unfortunate Nosey needed a second op, yet her eating and pooing sounds like she is recovering well. Good work for getting her back to the vet.
Sending Nosey positive vibes.
Great news about milos.
They are both cute.
Thank you bunny momma, it was very worring, I'm just glad to have her back home now. Im greatful to the vet and nurses for looking after her, before, after and during her time at the vets. Apologies for late reply/update [emoji4]

Back