• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Not moving... HELP!

Hi,

A few days ago you posted that "My rabbit Peppermint used to be slightly overweight but this was put down as fine with the vet. I dont see him every day because of personal reasons and so it was quite a shock today to see he had lost weight.
Any advice on why this is? Or what I should do?"

Did you get peppermint to the vet at that time? If so what treatment is peppermint on? If not, then PLEASE get Peppermint to an emergency vet as soon as your Dad gets in because it sounds very serious to me.

Sending lots of vibes for Peppermint.

Sorry for the late response guys! We took him to the vet and she said he has a lot of fluid around his lungs. It is most likely to be pnuemonia. He is on medication and I am speaking to the vet later. If he doesnt get better in a day or two they will have to do further tests. But she is worried this could put stress on him. So if this cant be done I think we kniw what could happen... Lots of vibes please!

Oh no! I lost my rabbit to pneumonia, well after a year on medication! But she was 10 years at the time, so couldn't fight it for long. Hopefully your bunny is young and with medication will get over it, but be warned it could come back. Lots of vibes! That explains the weight loss and mine did lose weight as she couldn't comfortably eat the pellets quickly before her boyfriend or eat hay as much, switching to excel helped as they were easier for her to eat rather than the long science select and plenty of veg too that she could take her time with.

Hi,

A few days ago you posted that "My rabbit Peppermint used to be slightly overweight but this was put down as fine with the vet. I dont see him every day because of personal reasons and so it was quite a shock today to see he had lost weight.
Any advice on why this is? Or what I should do?"

Did you get peppermint to the vet at that time? If so what treatment is peppermint on? If not, then PLEASE get Peppermint to an emergency vet as soon as your Dad gets in because it sounds very serious to me.

Sending lots of vibes for Peppermint.

We put him on recovery food

sorry to hear peppermint has pneumonia :( is your vet rabbit-savvy? if you need help finding a rabbit vet, make a new thread with your postcode and someone can recommend one.

lots of vibes and cuddles for peppermint. x

Don't feel too downhearted - I've had a rabbit recover from pneumonia (he did have to stay with the vet for about a week).

aww lots of noserubs and get well vibes for Peppermint

keep us posted,
fee xxx

Back