• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Not Impressed U/D PICS !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know accidents happen (I had a surprise litter from 2 boys about 11 years ago, they were my first house rabbits :oops:)

However, I'm inclined to agree with Lucy...there is something going wrong here,
and you are making a mockery of your rescue/sanctuary status, and possibly ruining the good name of rescues in general. :(

I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, but there isn't really a nice way of saying it.

There are plenty of ways of saying it without saying something like this:
you are making a mockery of your rescue/sanctuary status, and possibly ruining the good name of rescues in general. :(
Saying something like that is hurtful and entirely pointless.

There are plenty of ways of saying it without saying something like this:

Saying something like that is hurtful and entirely pointless.

So tell me how you would say it then...or do you just criticise other peoples opinions...because that's all I've seen you do on here TBH.

A few are booked in next week for mxyi boosters so i shall ask Rose to check them all again then.

Perhaps it would be better to check them again sooner rather than later hun.:) If hes done this to moonshine he could have done it to the other unspayed does, i think all of your unspayed rabbits should be checked asap just incase any are misesexed and if anymore are pregnant at least you are prepared and can maybe have an emergency spay if its been caught early enough. I'd hate for you to get anymore surprises like this!

As for a mockery of all rescues, i don't think thats really fair no one reading this is going to think all rescues have accidental litters. This is the first doe that was impregnanted at the shelter, and clearly not through her own stupidity by accidentally not closing a hutch or something, but seems like a third party is involved. Yes perhaps she should have had her hutches padlocked, but foresight is a wonderful thing and Louise and Gus has alreadly kindly offered to remedy that.

Last edited:
Perhaps it would be better to check them again sooner rather than later hun.:) If hes done this to moonshine he could have done it to the other unspayed does, i think all of your unspayed rabbits should be checked asap just incase any are misesexed and if anymore are pregnant at least you are prepared and can maybe have an emergency spay if its been caught early enough. I'd hate for you to get anymore surprises like this!

As for a mockery of all rescues, i don't think thats really fair, this is the first doe that was impregnanted at the shelter, and clearly not through her own stupidity by accidentally not closing a hutch or something, but seems like a third party is involved. Yes perhaps she should have had her hutches padlocked, but foresight is a wonderful thing and Louise and Gus has alreadly kindly offered to remedy that.

Louise is coming round tomorrow to double check all of them for me, its not as though she is a rescue bun anyway, she is my own so i i dont see why others belief this is a mockery?! I have double checked my 4, all girls still, though ill only confirm this when Louise checks as well. They are all now being padlocked tomorrow (hutches not buns!) and we'll see what happens from there, thank you to everyone that has supported me to a degree, there is no point criticising unless you have advice as well, thats my opinion anyway.

I think this is a genuine mistake, but i do believe you need to be more careful, especially when foxes are around. The padlocks are a great idea :D. Perhaps checking the hutch area more often as well just to make sure no more babies appear.

I think this is a genuine mistake, but i do believe you need to be more careful, especially when foxes are around. The padlocks are a great idea :D. Perhaps checking the hutch area more often as well just to make sure no more babies appear.

Im taking little Jack to see if he is well enough now to be snipped as he has improve so much the past 2 weekss, then there shouldnt be a chance of babies!!! The hutch areas will be checked daily for the next week incase Moon wasnt the only one caught up in this, ill post updates as to what happens, if i find out who did it etc.

I have been to Starlight's so I can actually comment on how she runs thing, and on the whole she does a good job. Yes there are some minor things that can be improved, which is why I am lending a hand tomorrow and will continue to support her, She has not been open long so you cannot expect to be perfect from day one, but at least she is doing something to help rabbits and is willing to learn and take advice.

People on here sometimes seem reluctant to help new rescues but with so many closing we should be helping and encouraging not just making negative comments when mistakes are made.

As for a mockery of all rescues, i don't think thats really fair no one reading this is going to think all rescues have accidental litters.

Yes, I was probably a little harsh, but I have experienced too many 'rescues' who didn't know how to sex rabbits and regularly re-homed the wrong sex or ended up with 'accidental' litters...that's what brings down the good name of all rescues IMO. If that isn't the case here, then I offer heartfelt apologies.

Well done Louise and Gus :D

So tell me how you would say it then...or do you just criticise other peoples opinions...because that's all I've seen you do on here TBH.
Use the "find other posts by this user" option and tell me what % of my posts are criticising other peoples. http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/search.php?searchid=1160337
Here is a sample of how you could have said pretty much the same thing:
I agree with Lucy here. I think you need to have a rethink about the circumstances you currently keep the rabbits in. Clearly something has gone wrong and you need to eliminate the chances of it happening again.
You can leave the hurtful stuff out altogether because there is no point in saying it unless you are trying to make someone upset.

Yes, I was probably a little harsh, but I have experienced too many 'rescues' who didn't know how to sex rabbits and regularly re-homed the wrong sex or ended up with 'accidental' litters...that's what brings down the good name of all rescues IMO. If that isn't the case here, then I offer heartfelt apologies.

I too have seen rescues that are far from a rescue for the rabbits involved, and it does make you wary when you hear stories like this, but Starlight really is a good person and is trying to make a difference :D

I 100% understand where you are coming from but my understanding is that this rescue neuters all rabbits before they are rehomed, so no adoptee is going to end up with a wrong sexed rabbit.:D

i have met kristine, and i can say sheis kind person who does the best for her animals. the love she expressed for them was nothing but genuine, she is simply a person who has either made a mistake, or something else has gone on, like a third party being involved.

She isnt a person who makes out there a rescue and then lets the rabbits have babies etc, sometimes mistakes happen but this doesnt mean we should critise the person involved to the point where they should feel hurt by all this.

Kristine does alot of good for rabbits welfare and tbh...she probably DOESNT get it right all the time, she probably DOES make mistakes, but we cant expect her to be perfect all the time. We all think 'if i ran a rescue i wouldnt.....' type scenarios all the time, but in all honestly it must be a hell of alot harder than what it seems, and i dont think one personbs work should all be undone because of a mistake.

i hope you can find good homes for all the babies kris, and remember i am on the look out for a neutured boy for my uncle and his wife so if theres a boy maybe....?

xxxxx

I have been to Starlight's so I can actually comment on how she runs thing, and on the whole she does a good job. Yes there are some minor things that can be improved, which is why I am lending a hand tomorrow and will continue to support her, She has not been open long so you cannot expect to be perfect from day one, but at least she is doing something to help rabbits and is willing to learn and take advice.

People on here sometimes seem reluctant to help new rescues but with so many closing we should be helping and encouraging not just making negative comments when mistakes are made.

Well said, it's great you are giving help to Starlight, In my opinion some of the comments on this thread are very harsh and out of order and it smacks of double standards.

Keep up the good work Starlight!

Well said, it's great you are giving help to Starlight, In my opinion some of the comments on this thread are very harsh and out of order and it smacks of double standards.

Who's got double standards? I hope you don't mean me because I can assure you I haven't :shock:

i have met kristine, and i can say sheis kind person who does the best for her animals. the love she expressed for them was nothing but genuine, she is simply a person who has either made a mistake, or something else has gone on, like a third party being involved.

She isnt a person who makes out there a rescue and then lets the rabbits have babies etc, sometimes mistakes happen but this doesnt mean we should critise the person involved to the point where they should feel hurt by all this.

Kristine does alot of good for rabbits welfare and tbh...she probably DOESNT get it right all the time, she probably DOES make mistakes, but we cant expect her to be perfect all the time. We all think 'if i ran a rescue i wouldnt.....' type scenarios all the time, but in all honestly it must be a hell of alot harder than what it seems, and i dont think one personbs work should all be undone because of a mistake.

i hope you can find good homes for all the babies kris, and remember i am on the look out for a neutured boy for my uncle and his wife so if theres a boy maybe....?

xxxxx

-smiles- Thanks Sarah, i'll let you know when they are of age :) I know i don't always get it right, but the important thing is, im willing to learn from my mistakes.

Yes mummy is doing a good job :) She is a brilliant mum bless her.

-smiles- Thanks Sarah, i'll let you know when they are of age :) I know i don't always get it right, but the important thing is, im willing to learn from my mistakes.

Yes mummy is doing a good job :) She is a brilliant mum bless her.

im not saying i wouldnt rule out a older bun but youd ont have any other boys except th ebiggish one do you? anyway let me know, as yeeha would love a boyfriend. x

im not saying i wouldnt rule out a older bun but youd ont have any other boys except th ebiggish one do you? anyway let me know, as yeeha would love a boyfriend. x

Theres Jon the (i believe) French lop,
Jack a crossbreed whom i think is deaf
Gucci a black tiny minilop, but ive literally just bonded him with Megan... typical aye!!Unless they want a trio :lol:

There is an answer I would love to give you, but I think I'd be banned.

Id like to know, tbh I dont think there is any need to take a dig at people like you do. Its not like shes neglecting or abusing her rabbits. Its an accident and the buns are lucky to have her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back