• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

NO MORE RESCUE BUNS HERE what im doing

Before you give up try the carpet Angie may be able to get..and if she can foster an extra one it will cut down the noise....
..please don't stop ..yet! :D

I'm so sorry to hear this. The thumping is always a potential problem :( My neighbour muttered something, but as it happens most loudly when her cat comes into my garden that shut her up. Also she now has a puppy that she leaves outside to whine :cry: So she can hardly moan at me :roll: The other side have never said anything. I think they like to watch the buns play in their enclosures :D When I get a bad thumper I tend to give them extra thiuck bedding to muffle the sound. I also don't give litter trays to the ones prone to chucking them about.

At the rescue we haven't had any complaints - yet :? The rabbits aren't too far from one house, but they are mainly in hutch/run combos and spend most of their time in the runs and thumps on slabs don't echo. The ones that are shut in are in 6ft hutches with good sturdy bottoms that don't echo too badly.

I hope you can come up with a solution without giving up entirely. That would be such a shame :cry:

I can certainly help with fostering Angie. :wink:

Just shout if you need any help. I’m in Barnsley most weeks for the vets.

Louise

thank you everyone for all your support and offers of help .

have just this minute spoken to my NICE neighbour on the other side and she didnt even hear them on sunday night :shock:

She says if other neighbour reports me she ll tell them she never hears a thing and sleeps with her window open :)

Aaah well that's good news then :) I agree about the carpet - one of my bun sheds has 3 layers of carpet down because they thump in the night and it annoys my neighbours, the carpet really has made a huge difference :thumb:

Aaah well that's good news then I agree about the carpet - one of my bun sheds has 3 layers of carpet down because they thump in the night and it annoys my neighbours, the carpet really has made a huge difference

WHAT ABOUT THE BUNS WHO ARNT LITTER TRAINED . ILL BE FOREVER THROWING IT OUT AND REPLACING IT :shock: :?

bunnymadhouse said:
Aaah well that's good news then I agree about the carpet - one of my bun sheds has 3 layers of carpet down because they thump in the night and it annoys my neighbours, the carpet really has made a huge difference

WHAT ABOUT THE BUNS WHO ARNT LITTER TRAINED . ILL BE FOREVER THROWING IT OUT AND REPLACING IT :shock: :?

I was going to suggest carpet too. Could you put something waterproof on top of it? Then paper on top of that?

bunnymadhouse said:

I get new carpet every 2 months. I also get those sample squares :oops:

you do hvae to replace carpet when it gets wet but if you put lots of paper on top it doesn't happen all the time.......

I GUESS ITS WORTH A TRY . WILL STILL HAVE TO SCALE DOWN THOUGH IN CASE IT DOESNT WORK :(

MY FRIENDS WILL REALY THINK IVE LOST THE PLOT .....CARPETING THE HUTCHES ....THEY THINK IM BUNNY BONKERS AS IT IS :oops:

if they are not as big as frenchies then maybe what we did might work for a smaller bunny? we got polystyrine and glued lino on the top of it and put it on the floor of the hutch.

Blimey, the things people will find to moan about.

Never mind the anti social behaviour going on all over the country, or the violence or such like, moaning about a few thumping rabbits should be the least of there problems.

Come and live next door to me, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest! :D

Kate x

I'm so sorry your neighbor is being an ass! i hope you can find a solution to the problem ( other than killing the neighbor! :shock: ) you do such a good job and help so many buns, it would be such a shame to give this up because of one stupid person :x

My Mum is always moaning about Amy thumping - apparently it is really loud!! In the winter her hutch and run is on the patio right under my mum's window! I have put a layer of towels + vetbed on bottom of her hutch and seems to be helping! I will try the carpet trick too! I do hope you can insulate the hutches to try to stop the noise - tis very noisy though when they thump!!

Angie

I'm sorry to hear about this, my neighbours complained that the nose of Alfred and his friend drinking out of the water bottles was keeping them awake at night..So you definately have my sympathies...

(luckily I remedied the situation by getting bowls instead)..

Jx

for the non litter trained buns, try the rubber matting like in horse stables, it really insulates noise well. its waterproof and washable with disinfectant. it costs a litte more but im sure theres some about with offcuts and stuff. silly neighbours, they just dont appreciate it. they should be thankful they dont live next to a house full of students!!!! good luck with the soundproofing!

bunnymadhouse said:

that's easy. I have vinyl (the transparent one) on the carpet. My bunny is indoor. And she likes to pee in the walk in closet room, which is all carpet. So I just put vinyl on top, when she done peeing, I use hotel towel to clean the urine spot. It works very nicely.

You can get free carpet from show house who has cut out left over. Some carpet also sell small size carpet that they can use in a room or in a house. I used to buy those, it's about $5 for a large piece like 60 inch square. They don't care, they just want to get rid of them, you can bargain if you want.

Im going to get rid of a couple of hutches (there not much good anyway ) ....i ll make sure she sees me doing it .

ive told her im stopping with the rescues but wont get rid of my buns for nobody ....but she doesnt know how many ive actualy got :wink: so a few rescues wont hurt . :lol: she ll think they re mine .

I shant be talking to her any more so in theory she wont be able to moan to me will she :roll: :? and if she does ill start and moan to her about her kids chucking stuff in my garden , climbing my fence and her swearing all the time .

Also gonna try the carpet ...especialy in the shed/run and possibly vet bed .

Angie65 if you could get me some bits of carpet ..would be great .

Also cos im losing 2 hutches .....may take Angie 65 and louise up on fostering offers .

Angie

bunnymadhouse said:
Im going to get rid of a couple of hutches (there not much good anyway ) ....i ll make sure she sees me doing it .

ive told her im stopping with the rescues but wont get rid of my buns for nobody ....but she doesnt know how many ive actualy got :wink: so a few rescues wont hurt . :lol: she ll think they re mine .

I shant be talking to her any more so in theory she wont be able to moan to me will she :roll: :? and if she does ill start and moan to her about her kids chucking stuff in my garden , climbing my fence and her swearing all the time .

Also gonna try the carpet ...especialy in the shed/run and possibly vet bed .

Angie65 if you could get me some bits of carpet ..would be great .

Also cos im losing 2 hutches .....may take Angie 65 and louise up on fostering offers .

Angie

When Jill takes my up-to-5 temp buns, I will have room for 2 fosters from you Angie - maybe another couple, but later on, cos I got a sick bun, & 2 strays here at minute - one of which might be going back to original Breeder. 5 temporaries are getting neutered/spayed today, so they can go as soon as recovered. Will sort carpet this weekend & get back to you re that & sponsor packs for other buns :D

Glad you haven't given up Angie. What would the unwanted and unloved South Yorkshire bunnies do with out you?

Rabs

Back