• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nightlight

Buka

Warren Scout
Hello!

Do you all leave a night light for your bunnies? I know they don’t mind darkness by nature but whenever we are going to bed and I switch off the lights my bunny always follows to where the light is. She will come to the bedroom with us and sit there. So I was wondering if buying a small night light would be good for her. What do you all think?

Do you think she might be coming into the bedroom with you because you are there, rather than for the light? She might just want your company. I don't leave a night light for them. Like you said, they don't mind darkness. :)

Rabbits don't mind the dark, I agree with a reader of books. My rabbit stays in the dark at night too. But when my bunny sees me, he comes even if the room is dark, in short, I think your bunny is following you. :lol:

My two don't mind the dark.

We have seen this when our buns have been lonely though, after we lost their partners both Primrose and Rodney would follow us everywhere.

Whereas bonded they're happy in each others company no matter the light.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Hello!

Do you all leave a night light for your bunnies? I know they don’t mind darkness by nature but whenever we are going to bed and I switch off the lights my bunny always follows to where the light is. She will come to the bedroom with us and sit there. So I was wondering if buying a small night light would be good for her. What do you all think?

Hi, I wouldn’t say bunnies are afraid of dark in or dislike it. I think your bunny maybe knows bedtime is when your not there for company & wants to be with you. I’m no expert though. Bunnies should have a friend always unless there’s a reason they can’t. They love company xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hiya, I agree with everyone that bunnies definitely need a friend [emoji4]
I've got a nightlight but it's more because I don't like complete dark but my bunch don't seem to mind dark or light, they di seem to want to sleep in the darkest spot though

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Never had a night light for any bunnies but I had to have one for Raul my parakeet. If we had thunder he would go crazy flying into the cage bars or around the room walls but only if it was dark. In the dark any noise would scare him. He was even fine with thunder if it was slightly light.
I would sometimes go into his room to sleep but with out a light on I had to talk to him so he knew it was me.

Back