• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New to Rabbits...looking for help before we buy!!

I was thinking I don't even spend £100 a month on my 7- but then I realised if I divide out the cost of vet bills and 'extras' I probably do. I would say having a space the children can interact safely with the bunnies without having to pick them up is defo an important factor for the children and bunnies to get the most out of the relationship.

Congratulations.
So glad it all worked out for you & the very lucky, not to mention gorgeous buns.
I love your setup it will be perfect for all the family to spend safe quiet time with the buns.

Lovely rabbits! Really nice, neat, spacious looking aivery and hutch. I hope you and your family have many happy hours with your new family members :wave:

Lovely bunnies, great names and what a great set up you have there.

as for insurance, my two are with pet plan. widget has glaucoma so has to have regular eye drops that are £50 a bottle, for her, it is well worth it. Sprocket has also had health issues including an emergency trip to the vets which pet plan also covered. On the flip side, if you are lucky and your rabbits have no long term health problems you could end up paying in much more than you get out.

Thanks for all the supportive messages.

The research paid off, especially the recommendation of Rabbit Residence , & Caroline.
We initially went to the local RSPCA rescue, who do a great job, but there was a world of difference in terms of advice when we went to see Caroline.

They are both fabulous characters, always happy to see the children!
Muri usually follows Mitu around so it's funny to watch.

Back