• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New shed for bunnies! WIP - Pic Heavy (will update)

I would be worried they might slip off the higher shelf - have you seen Willow and Squiggles photos - her shelves look much safer. I'll find the thread for you.
Thanks to tonibun, that would be great!
I've taken ramps down to higher shelves until I can put barriers up [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

At the moment both bunnies are ignoring their new shelves! That was 3 hours well spent[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I would be worried they might slip off the higher shelf - have you seen Willow and Squiggles photos - her shelves look much safer. I'll find the thread for you.

i put trellis around mine and put batons over the top to secure the sides to the back of shed. I also had to make my ramps wider because they wouldnt go up them. That might be why they never used them spinecho, plus you have to think about if one bun is going up the ramp when one is coming down they will knock each other off. They will love it once they get used to it. Im changing my trellis to wire mesh though because they like to chew and they wont be supervised when they move in.

i put trellis around mine and put batons over the top to secure the sides to the back of shed. I also had to make my ramps wider because they wouldnt go up them. That might be why they never used them spinecho, plus you have to think about if one bun is going up the ramp when one is coming down they will knock each other off. They will love it once they get used to it. Im changing my trellis to wire mesh though because they like to chew and they wont be supervised when they move in.
Thanks... I'll see how they get on with the ramps but certainly think about putting up wider ones.

Yesterday's (Sunday) job... runners on ramps so bunnies can "get a grip"![emoji23]

Then stapled wire mesh to side of high shelf (don't want any falling off!!)

Then put a corner litter tray up to hold hay.

Clover and Cuddles inspecting my handiwork...

Cuddles impressed with all my hard work[emoji23]

Last edited:
wow its come together lovely, they look really inquisitive. I think its worth every drop of sweat when you see them enjoying your hard work. x What is the silver tubing you used when you joined your runs in the hutch set up. Ive been looking for a tube for the aviary, they have the bunny warren one but the others use that in the garden and run around is really out of my budget at the minute.

wow its come together lovely, they look really inquisitive. I think its worth every drop of sweat when you see them enjoying your hard work. x What is the silver tubing you used when you joined your runs in the hutch set up. Ive been looking for a tube for the aviary, they have the bunny warren one but the others use that in the garden and run around is really out of my budget at the minute.
Thanks willow and squiggles!

Not sure if this is exact product, but similar...cooker hood extractor tubing! Bunnies love it!!!
Only issue is edges can be a bit sharp so i covered them with duct tape (edges...not bunnies!!!)
http://www.diy.com/departments/whirlpool-silver-duct-extend-kit/536961_BQ.prd

Thanks! I've really got the bug now.... When I get time I'll put more shelves up around the shed for buns.

I'm going to be doing a little extra in my shed, reinforcing the floor, more insulation for winter etc - nothing to your extent as I have my hutches built into the end of my shed. ;)

full%20hutch_zpsxbgbewzq.jpg

I'm going to be doing a little extra in my shed, reinforcing the floor, more insulation for winter etc - nothing to your extent as I have my hutches built into the end of my shed. ;)

full%20hutch_zpsxbgbewzq.jpg
That looks great, BossHogg.

No time for rabbits this weekend [emoji20] [emoji20] as I've been ripping out our old kitchen, ready for new one to go in next week...

Hi I'm waiting delivery of a shed to add to our bunnies hutch & run...we want to use a cat flap too. Did yours take to it ok?

Christine x

Back