• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New shed for bunnies! WIP - Pic Heavy (will update)

Today's job...catflap!

Cuddles wondering what that thing in the corner is!

Tomorrow's job... teaching them to use it!!!
Both have sniffed around the catflap and looked out of it; they can't get out as I've locked it. Does anyone have any tips (I've taken the magnet out)?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
*Update!*

Connected the run to the shed today and taped open the catflap.
Bunnies through it like a shot!

Garden and run area is still very work in progress!! [emoji23]
Eventually there will be mesh on topsoil and grass on top of run area.
At the moment I've stapled mesh to bottom of run to prevent digging out/in.[emoji106]

Catflap permanently open until bunnies get used to it, after a day or two I'll let flap down and see how it goes [emoji6]

Some photos:

Clover inspecting the catflap.

Action photo!

Cuddles in action!

Please tell me if you're fed up of my photos (I won't take offence[emoji6] )

Oh No!!!

Just showed OH....he's worried i'll now want a shed for the buns to add to hutch & run...Looks brilliant.
[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]
Go for it!
I'll be honest, it's expensive and time consuming, but definitely worth it.[emoji106] [emoji106]

[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]
Go for it!
I'll be honest, it's expensive and time consuming, but definitely worth it.[emoji106] [emoji106]

This is so true! I converted my shed for foster rabbits, thought it would be relatively cheap as I already had the shed but it's actually cost me so much more than I anticipated. So much better for the bunnies though, and me - especially once the winter weather kicks in.

Shed is looking good :D I held open the cat flap on mine for a week or so (hooked bungee cords onto the run roof & looped them under the open flap) and when I shut it for them to use properly they got used to it in a few minutes, I'm sure yours will be the same.

Been a busy week at work, so no time to work in bunnies' shed....[emoji20]

Managed to get in shed today and put another shelf up for Clover and Cuddles.

Took flaming ages coz they both wanted to help and kept getting in the way!!!

Here's the new shelf:

Clover was a bit shy, but Cuddles was happy to be photographed!

Hoping to get in shed this weekend and put up more ramps and shelves.
The bunnies are loving their new shed [emoji1] [emoji1]

you have done amazing, ive got all my wood and mesh today to build an aviary run to attach onto my bun shed, its made me really excited now and eager to get started reading through your thread lol... My skips coming tomorrow so i can shift loads of stuff and uproot 2 trees before i can even start the run so im dreading that bit. Might let the hubby do some of the rubbish shifting with me :lol:

you have done amazing, ive got all my wood and mesh today to build an aviary run to attach onto my bun shed, its made me really excited now and eager to get started reading through your thread lol... My skips coming tomorrow so i can shift loads of stuff and uproot 2 trees before i can even start the run so im dreading that bit. Might let the hubby do some of the rubbish shifting with me [emoji38]
Thanks & Good luck[emoji106] [emoji106]
Please post photos of your set-up. ..i love looking at other people's for inspiration [emoji1]

i will lol.. ive already done the bun shed its in my posts somewhere but i made it as a day time supervised play area for when they have garden time (house buns) but two buns ive just adopted have to go outside so im upgrading the shed for safety and building the run. Its all the prep work i hate. Im having to lend a chainsaw which ive never even seen one before lol.. cant wait to see your pics when the turfs done

Another productive day in the shed!

Last picture is distorted as I still haven't mastered the panoramic setting on my phone!!:lol::lol:

I now need to put runners on the ramp as will be too smooth for bunnies to run up!
Also need to put barriers up around higher shelves so bunnies can't leap off... [emoji33] [emoji33]

Eventually I want to extend walkway around shed to window so they can look out when shed door closed (as colder weather approaches).

Oh, and BossHogg... hope you don't mind me borrowing your idea for keeping catflap open?!?:oops:

Last edited:
I would be worried they might slip off the higher shelf - have you seen Willow and Squiggles photos - her shelves look much safer. I'll find the thread for you.

Back