• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New pics of shed!!

What are the boxes called that you have with the steppers? I really want to incorporate this into my shed as I think it's brilliant :)

Woow! :love:

Any chance of you posting a step by step guide of how you achieved this? I would love to do similar for both my rabbits and chinchillas :thumb:

Aw thanks everyone, it's already had some changes since then :lol: Yes it is ikea Trofast that I used for the steps.
It wasn't really that difficult, once I'd decided on the layout and what I had available to use. I used an old table top for the platform and I just screwed batons onto the shed wall (so it would sit level with the top of the trofast unit), used an extra shelf bracket to and the other side is screwed onto the trofast. Everything else is either furniture I had or picked up cheap :D Took a bit of work but worth it! I used a jigsaw to cut the holes in the furniture.

Looks fantastic!

What kind of wood did you use for the upper levels?

I'm not sure, it was a desk top I had stored in my mum and dad's garage, it was from ikea but they don't do it any more. Was perfect as it was unfinished so perfect surface to paint. I should think a sheet of plywood would be ok but not sure how expensive it would be for a sheet that big! The barrier around it was made from a cheap chipboard card table, I took the legs apart and cut them down to fit.

Back