• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Netherlands dwarf

annajones505

Young Bun
We just got a bunny yesterday and she is 9 week old Netherlands yet to be named. Very friendly and placid and happy to be inquisitive. Keeping inside at the moment whilst hubby creates a bunny enclosure on the old veg patch.
87be9dddb21fa740fbbe64adb8e564f8.jpg
a62f2d925017e014c44d6bd2a19a48e8.jpg
2b2313d5cf61130cd12ad2e6a4b5ee2d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are really pleased with her and looking forward to her being a part of the family

Thank you. She is having a good bounce around and has met the dogs and even snuggled with one

Hi :wave: welcome to the forum. I joined recently, I have 3 mini lop / lion head sisters who are 8 months, but we've had them since 10 weeks.

We have been planning a housing project too, but have just moved into our new house, so need a bit of time to unpack before getting started. Their current hutch / run is a bit too small, so we are hoping to build them something nice and large x

She is beautiful! Have you got a few ideas for names? Also, are you planning on getting another bunny to bond with her once she is old enough?

One of the best ways to bond with a rabbit is to sit on the floor close to them. Don't touch them at all and possibly even be reading a book and not looking at her. Have a few pellets or treats handy and you'll soon find she will be inquisitive enough to come and explore you. Resist the temptation to touch her or pick her up until she is very confident around you.

Good luck. She's very lovely. I love her colouring.

Not bonding bunnies, bonding to me

Oh sorry I do apologize, I read it wrong! I agree with Omi, I sit on the floor and do something other than pay attention to them and the curiosity gets the better of them and they soon come up to me to have a look at what I'm doing, which is when I will then proceed to give them whatever treat I have on offer.

Not bonding bunnies, bonding to me

What we do with the rescue rabbits is simply sit in the pens with them, and they are so inquisitive they will come up and look at what you're doing. Particularly if you have a few herbs in your hands as well :lol:

A friend of mine used to sit and read to the bunnies in their pens - they loved the sound of her voice and were always hovering around her.

Good luck xx

Back