• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New name and grooming advice+fur changing colours.

una.lekuze

New Kit
Hi there!
First of all, I am so grateful for all the moral support with the departure of my old bunny Frida and the unexpected arrival of my new bunny, formerly named Princess ( changed it to one of the suggestions posted here).

As it sometimes happens, Princess turned out to be a Prince [emoji1780], LOL. I have a better experience with boy animals ( Frida was my only girl bunny), so that should be fine. But, the name question is thus open again.[emoji28]

Also, has anyone ever experienced a fur colour change? My bunny had a lovely black to gray ombre situation going on, but right now he is turning lighter and more brown in the mix.

Also if anyone has any advice on how to make lionhead bunnie's fur look a little bit more put together, I'd be very happy.
f3a59ce9809124452ea8a90acc648138.jpg
8a27af335fb1ab1a48df6dff7083494a.jpg

Sent from my M2004J19C using Tapatalk

Oh he's beautiful [emoji7]

It depends how much brushing he will permit you to do. If he's anything like my boy it may not be much!

A soft brush does well for tidying but you'll also need a comb for matts and knots first.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Oh he's beautiful [emoji7]

It depends how much brushing he will permit you to do. If he's anything like my boy it may not be much!

A soft brush does well for tidying but you'll also need a comb for matts and knots first.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk
Thank you, he is beautiful inside and out. [emoji2956]
He gives more love than a golden retriever [emoji3590]

Hi there!
First of all, I am so grateful for all the moral support with the departure of my old bunny Frida and the unexpected arrival of my new bunny, formerly named Princess ( changed it to one of the suggestions posted here).

As it sometimes happens, Princess turned out to be a Prince [emoji1780], LOL. I have a better experience with boy animals ( Frida was my only girl bunny), so that should be fine. But, the name question is thus open again.[emoji28]

Also, has anyone ever experienced a fur colour change? My bunny had a lovely black to gray ombre situation going on, but right now he is turning lighter and more brown in the mix.

Also if anyone has any advice on how to make lionhead bunnie's fur look a little bit more put together, I'd be very happy.
f3a59ce9809124452ea8a90acc648138.jpg
8a27af335fb1ab1a48df6dff7083494a.jpg

Same here I have always found that male animals to be more sociable with humans than females are. In regards to the fur changing it might be to do with light conditions but also as the bunny grows sometimes there fur either gets darker or lighter.

What a gorgeous rabbit!

I had a black and white lionhead who used to grow brown fur on his mane and around his ears in the summer, but it went away in the winter.

I have an unusual grooming solution at the moment as my lionhead Dusty hates the usual small brushes and flea combs with a passion. I pick her up and run a large soft brush (it was originally part of a dustpan & brush set) through her mane, ruff and skirt which takes seconds, but keeps her tangle free. She won't tolerate more than that half a minute of grooming at a time but I do it every day.

Last edited:
Back