• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New member needs help

wow, wot a suprise for you, i would leave her alone till morning, then when shes distracted wiv food, have a good look at babies and remove any dead ones, tho she may get them out herself....i would also get in a tin of lactol milk, the dried formular used to hand rear kittens, and puppies, in case she cant cope with them all, and a feeding set... i hav hand reared from day old babies with sucsess, so if u find any are wrinkly compared to others and not gaining weight you may want to consider helping them along if mum cant cope... as if u havnt got enough to cope with. best of luck!

Thank you so much for your support and help.
I got a good look at them this morning while she was eating her new veg, we have 8 live, warm, pink, fat bellied kits and they are in a much better nest, so I am really hoping she will be fine.... I have even dared to start thinking of names.

I will be going to P@H today

8 :shock: - my goodness!

Wishing you the best of luck with them. Good luck at PAH too - surely they must have to offer some compensation/assistance.

Thank you so much for your support and help.
I got a good look at them this morning while she was eating her new veg, we have 8 live, warm, pink, fat bellied kits and they are in a much better nest, so I am really hoping she will be fine.... I have even dared to start thinking of names.

I will be going to P@H today

Brilliant!....you're going to have your hands full!

Ive just caught up with this post.Fingers crossed for the kits and both your rabbits are gorgeous.Please keep us updated on how they are doing.

to my untrained eye, i *think* marble may be a British giant.
if she were a continental or flemish, her ears would be so much bigger.

My 2nd rabbit, Happy Bunny, was also a Flemish Giant, and her ear is smaller than Mables. My last rabbit Goofball, her ear is about the same size as Mables. So Mables could be a Flemish Giant

oh what gorgeous buns, thats terrible of pets at home, she must have got pregnant with the previous owner? I wonder how long they assess a bun before putting them up for adoption!! :shock:

Let us know how it goes, i have a blue eyed bun too, love them!! :love: :D

Hi, just seen your thread & my goodness I really feel for you. You buns are absolutely beautiful & will make a stunning couple. Hope the babies are doing well & that your managing ok - keeping everything crossed for you.

Just on P@H, I would certainly take them to task over this - they are completely useless in my opinion. We got our Barney from their adoption scheme - they'd got him on his own & said he had to be a single bunny as he was agressive. I pointed out that maybe as he was 6 months old then, he probably just needed neutering to calm him down & then he could be bonded with a female. They didn't believe me! Anyway long story short, we brought him home, had him neutered & successfully bonded him with Bracken & Willow within a couple of weeks - he is now one very happy bunny. Just shows you how little knowledge they actually have of bunnies........

When I spoke to pets at home about their giant house rabbits they told me that they have flemish giants and german lops,as i was wondering why the ears were smaller than continental giants.I dont know what pets at home will say,I suppose they will say they will take her and the babies back,which of course you wont want,but will they know if she was mated by another giant or a smaller bun before you got her.Hope you get some answers,but they are obviously in the best place with you.I would hope that head office can provide you with a free large Hutch???or food and bedding or give you vouchers towards neutering your girl later on in the way of compensation.good luck

Just caught up with this thread wow what a shock for you. Good luck with everything let us know how you get on at PAH.
Sallyx

I wouldn't be suprised if the bun you got was pregnant already. Its not the first time that someone has got a bun from a store and it's given birth shortly afterward. I met a couple who adopted two girl buns I checked and they were in fact both girls they also both gave birth within days of each other.

The store did provide an extra hutch,

There was also someone at the vets who MALE GP gave birth two days after it was purchased???:shock:

Also - if you are really into Rescuing you might want to avoid some of the P@H adoption centres near us. When I dicussed them with someone who works there - the "adoption" area was merely for old, unsold stock - so the new babies could go in the bunny area.

Did you manage to find your adoption certificate then? you can't really accuse P@H of anything without it :? To my mind your vet wants a book throwing at his head too for not telling you your bunny would be fertile after castration (but I do have a obsession with useless vets :roll:)

Back