• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Hutch -work in progress

luvabun

Warren Veteran
:wave: After Helens (The Duchess) mammoth drive to Cornwall yesterday, this is one of the hutches she picked up. She must be as strong as an ox 'cos each panel is bloomin' heavy :shock:

Please bear with me for what may look like boring photos - I want to show the attention to detail.

Size beautifully demonstrated by Bugsy :D
newhutch003.jpg

Idiot proof instructions :D:D
newhutch004.jpg

Pre-drilled holes :D
newhutch005.jpg

The front - designed to my spec :D
newhutch006.jpg

The quality is knockout :wave:

As it's erected, more pics to follow

:wave: I don't make the hutches - I am the original Bodgit :lol:. A very talented man in Cornwall makes them.

Its 8 foot long x 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 :)

Ahh, so The Duchess went to collect for you...sorry, I read it as she went to collect FROM you :oops::oops:

Fabulous hutch!! Does the nice man Cornwall have a website? :)

Ahh, so The Duchess went to collect for you...sorry, I read it as she went to collect FROM you :oops::oops:

Fabulous hutch!! Does the nice man Cornwall have a website? :)
:wave: I don't think he does at the mo but Helen can be quite persuasive ;).

:lol:, ok thanks.

You will have some very lucky bunnies living in there :D
Thank you. The trio (who currently live in a 6 foot RSPCA hutch - which has also served me well) will live on the ground floor.

Recently divorced from his brother :(, Billie-Joe will live in the top floor with a girlfriend.

It's designed for the long term in that it does have a ramp so if I get to the stage where I can't keep so many buns, either financially or physically, the ramp can be let down and whatever buns I have, will have the whole 2 floors. Hopefully that's a long way off :lol:

@attila the bun - thank you :)

Hopefully Jill, we can take some photos to show the progress of the erection tomorow to show people just how easy his stuff is to put up (normally takes about 1/2 hour to an hour per hutch block)

The hutch maker is Kernow Pet Housing and Pilch the guy who does this stuff is currently redoing the site.

His work is excellent, but the only stumbling block is having to collect. The costs to courier are prohibative so it requires for them to be collected. Each time I have gone down, I combine orders for myself and anyone else wanting an order. This time I collected 4 double storey's and one single.

Two of the other hutches are for a lady adopting a trio and a single (to be bonded to her existing) so the costs of the van and fuel are shared. Makes it manageable cost wise.

This was the very large van with the contents after an hour and a half of loading (like a jigsaw puzzle).

JunePickup001.jpg

This is the guy (who is a one man band) and the stone building is his workshop. He erects a scaffold tower so that between us we can man handle the hutch panels downstairs.

JunePickup002.jpg

Thanks for the info. He sounds great, and what a star you are for collecting all those hutches for people!

I will be watching his space for piccies of the hutches going up. I love seeing people's set-ups (I'm a nosey so-and-so really :oops::oops:!).

wow - thats great! Cant wait to see progress pics here too! "no pressure":lol::lol::lol:

Love your design with all access doors...very handy!;) Gather you will put bolt locks on them...:D

Don't want to hijack Jill's thread but sure she'll forgive me for showing you our before and nearly done photos.

These are our very old and tired third hand homemade chipboard hutches (and two RSPCA ones)

NewRescueHutches004.jpg

And our new rescue hutches which I'm putting up today. Good dry run before Jill and I build hers this evening.

NewRescueHutches005.jpg

Wowzer Helen - that was quick!!!!!! I see what you mean about the additional height in the single storey :)

BTW I've had a fruitless trip to Wickes and Homebase for bolts :evil:

Back