• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New hutch almost finished

LittleEskimo

Mama Doe
Hey :D Finally got around to assembling the new hutch I bought for Rosie. Gave it it's first coat of paint and am going to give it a second one tomorrow
Rosie is still in her old hutch since the paint was still a little wet and I was getting too cold and tired to try filling it up lol
But here is a comparison of the old and new
The new one is 6ft length x 2ft height x 2-3ft depth. Can't wait for it to all be finished for her :3 and it is even big enough for a second rabbit ;);)
Oh and they are facing eachother to keep any bad weather out. But going to try and wrestle the tarp out from under the hutches to put over them both lol
This is just a first look. Gonna get some more pics tomorrow :)

DSCF1428.jpg

Lovely hutch, can I ask what paint you used please? I am waiting for the weather to pick up before I put together our new hutch, it needs painting too and love the colour of yours.

Lovely hutch, can I ask what paint you used please? I am waiting for the weather to pick up before I put together our new hutch, it needs painting too and love the colour of yours.

I was going to use Cuprinol Shades in Willow and was looking for the right one in B&Q but ended up buying the wrong one (wasn't paying attention :oops: ) So I ended up with Ronseal Woodland Trust in Wood Sage.
I checked to see if it was safe for animals on the tin but it didn't say so I only painted where she couldn't chew on it.

Oh I just checked online and apparently it is safe for animals :3 phew that was lucky lol.

Love the colour!

Will you be attaching a permanent run to it?

She gets full run of the garden when the weather is good enough. But I will be sticking a little run onto the hutch somehow. That way she can stretch her legs when she feels like it even when it isn't nice weather

Back