• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Forum Layout

InspectorMorse

Wise Old Thumper
Any chance that ‘Health‘ can go at the top of the list in the ‘Rabbit Care‘ section ? It might just be my obsession with everything having an ordered place, but in my head ‘Health‘ needs to be at the top …..🙈

Not sure where it was previously, but it is the thing that you tend to need in a hurry, and what a lot of new members join to ask about (often just before they are directed to a vet). Most other stuff is more background research and easier to find when you are not stressed by a sickpet eg housing, diet.

Any chance that ‘Health‘ can go at the top of the list in the ‘Rabbit Care‘ section ? It might just be my obsession with everything having an ordered place, but in my head ‘Health‘ needs to be at the top …..🙈
I think it's all the same as it was before? I deliberately didn't muck with the categories at the sametime as the upgrade cos I thought everyone would get grumpy :D I will double check though!

One more thing, not that I am picky or owt….🫢

Re the Note at the top of the page in ‘Health‘ stating the importance of seeking Veterinary attention if you think your Rabbit is sick, the message is less prominent now due to the pale blue background. It stood out a lot more on the old forum (RIP old RU 😭😭🌈😭😭…………..JOKE !) when the background was yellow. Any chance the background colour could be changed so the important message stands out more ?

Is it a new thing that when starting a new thread a box shows up indicating threads likely to be about the same thing, so hopefully reducing the number of threads all about the same subject? Or has the feature always been there and I have only just noticed it !

I think it's unique to the new layout. I don't recall anything like that being there before, but I'm mostly viewing the forum from my mobile. Is it the same for desktop versions?

It's showing me threads that I didn't even know existed, tbh.

I think it's unique to the new layout. I don't recall anything like that being there before, but I'm mostly viewing the forum from my mobile. Is it the same for desktop versions?

It's showing me threads that I didn't even know existed, tbh.
No, I dont mean new since the new software installation, I mean new as of today. Also, the threads are listed at the top of the page, not below as the ‘Similar Threads’ is.

Is it a new thing that when starting a new thread a box shows up indicating threads likely to be about the same thing, so hopefully reducing the number of threads all about the same subject? Or has the feature always been there and I have only just noticed it !
I *think* it's only been switched on in certain forums - it should be mainly the care sections & not so much in chat sections so hopefully that tallies with what you're experiencing.

Karen, could you remind me please where we can see each day which members are celebrating their birthdays? Apologies too because I know you've already mentioned this previously, but I've forgotten.

Karen, could you remind me please where we can see each day which members are celebrating their birthdays? Apologies too because I know you've already mentioned this previously, but I've forgotten.
No problem!

Click the 3 lines (top left), then click "Members" and scroll down the page a little. I'm on my mobile so it might be slightly different if you're on a laptop. It should show most messages, most reactions, then birthdays.

I don't know if there's an option to have it somewhere more visible if it would help. I can ask the boss!

No problem!

Click the 3 lines (top left), then click "Members" and scroll down the page a little. I'm on my mobile so it might be slightly different if you're on a laptop. It should show most messages, most reactions, then birthdays.

I don't know if there's an option to have it somewhere more visible if it would help. I can ask the boss!
I use a laptop and yes it's slightly different, but I found the Members section easily enough. Previously this information appeared (for me anyway) on the main page at the bottom.

I think if there was an easy way to display the information similar to previously, it would be worth doing. However, it's not difficult to find if not.

I too think that it would be really helpful to have Birthdays displayed each day as they used to be. I have missed a few as I don’t always remember to click on the members link to check.

Tamsin's going to look to see if she can add it to the forum stats on the main page. It's one of those things that's easy to find once you know where to look, but it's remembering to do it, isn't it.

Tamsin's going to look to see if she can add it to the forum stats on the main page. It's one of those things that's easy to find once you know where to look, but it's remembering to do it, isn't it.
And it has worked 👍

Back