• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New addition late last night....

Gizmo (vets asked me for a name and it was first one that came to mind!) his neuter has been booked in for 19th October with Ivan :)

His poos are getting better and he is eating more hay and becoming more friendly every day :)

Luckily my mum has a hawthorn, apple and pear tree that she is planning on cutting down soon so hopefully I can raise some money for his neuter :thumb:

:wave: I concur that Gizmo is a good name for a mogwai bun :lol: Lucky bunny to be de-plummed by Ivan - one of the very best. This, along with his better diet and tlc - wow, what a lucky bunny - I hope he realises he's well and truly landed on his paws :)

Keep me posted on the prunings - I'd be up for some of those :)

He is so adorable ! gorgeous fur :love: just a note about the poo, my non hay eating bunny generally has smaller darker poos than my others but he is perfectly healthy, for a non hay eater so they might just stay like that. Sometimes though they are quite large!

:wave: I concur that Gizmo is a good name for a mogwai bun :lol: Lucky bunny to be de-plummed by Ivan - one of the very best. This, along with his better diet and tlc - wow, what a lucky bunny - I hope he realises he's well and truly landed on his paws :)

Keep me posted on the prunings - I'd be up for some of those :)

Jill - I was initially a bit wary at taking on a biting bunny as I have no experience with aggression towards humans - but I feared for where he would end up if I didn't take him (probably PTS sadly as he had bitten numerous times :cry: ). I think he somehow knows that life is going upwards for him - I've just spent a long time out there with him and he is an absolute softie! Coming over for nose rubs and sitting for strokes already. I didn't even have to bribe him with food - aggressive my :censored: lol! :lol:

He is also really coming out of his shell a lot, freely hopping around, jumping on and off his stool etc whilst im there when a couple of days ago as soon as I opened the door he would run and hide as far away as he could get.

I wanted him done by Ivan as he is very small - haven't got around to weighing him yet but he is almost half the size of my other two, and they're only 2.2kg each..... Also whilst his poos are getting better every day, he has had a bout of stasis and so I just wanted the best man for the job to reduce any risks on neuter. If his poos haven't vastly improved by then I will delay it, but I'm hopeful due to the change i've seen since he arrived that they will be.

He is so adorable ! gorgeous fur :love: just a note about the poo, my non hay eating bunny generally has smaller darker poos than my others but he is perfectly healthy, for a non hay eater so they might just stay like that. Sometimes though they are quite large!

He tends to sort of, nibble hay, but not really go ahead and eat it, which is making me worry that he has dental problems to be honest, but I'm hoping that it's just because he isn't used to eating the hay. He's having his vaccs on Monday anyway so we will see what his teeth are like then.

He is the most gorgeous rabbit I've ever seen! He's so lucky to have you take him in. Fingers crossed for the op! Xxx

Back