• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Neutered and doing well - thank you everyone!

When you're offering him the metacam on food are you taking it away straight after he's refused? I think he's probably still annoyed with you for taking him to the vets and medicating him. I've found that a sulking bunny will refuse to let you see them enjoying food you've given them as a point of principle!

Perhaps about half an hour before his next dose is due leave the metacam either hidden in food or just "straight" (I find I never have to hide metacam in food as most buns find it very palatable) and then step back and leave him to it. If you check on him about half an hour later you might find he's taken it on his own accord. I've found that's worked quite well in the past, although only on a single bun where you don't have to worry about their friend snaffling it up! [emoji38]

I hope Monty is doing well today xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you're offering him the metacam on food are you taking it away straight after he's refused? I think he's probably still annoyed with you for taking him to the vets and medicating him. I've found that a sulking bunny will refuse to let you see them enjoying food you've given them as a point of principle!

I was, so thank you for the tip :D Monty's an "only" bunny too, so in the end we decided to skip his usual pellets last night and give them this morning instead, with the Metacam in. He hasn't had all of it, and he spent quite a while sniffing his pellets, dragging his bowl across the hutch, then sniffing it again, as if to say "I've moved this, why does it still smell funny?" He was getting quite grumpy, it was amusingly cute. I'll leave him with just his pellets (and of course hay) until they're all gone, I hope soon as I can see the Metacam still sat there :S I've let him out though - he's been in the hutch until now, so I as he'd been ignoring his pellets for a while anyway, I decided just to let him out and assume he'll go back to his pellets when he's ready. A bit of zooming around and now he's hiding under the bed - so all is almost back to normal here.

Thank you everyone for your help during this! I'm sure I would have made even more of a mess of it without your support, you've been wonderful. Thank you.

He seems to be fairly well, thanks. I checked about an hour ago and there were only a few pellets left, and only one still with medicine soaked in, so I think he's had just about all of his dose for the day. I'm not sure whether he's currently hiding under the bed or the sofa - last seen in the living room, but he's perfectly able to get to the bedroom silently and unseen, he's a ninja bunny - but that's normal for this time of day. The only thing is he seems to be keen to avoid me and my partner, but hopefully once we get back into a normal routine he'll learn to trust us again! Health wise, he's giving every appearance of a full recovery that couldn't have gone better, which is a huge relief :D

EDIT: I literally just posted that, and as the page loaded, he came haring out from under the bed, hopped round my feet and has now settled under the desk with me. Contrary bunny!

He seems to be fairly well, thanks. I checked about an hour ago and there were only a few pellets left, and only one still with medicine soaked in, so I think he's had just about all of his dose for the day. I'm not sure whether he's currently hiding under the bed or the sofa - last seen in the living room, but he's perfectly able to get to the bedroom silently and unseen, he's a ninja bunny - but that's normal for this time of day. The only thing is he seems to be keen to avoid me and my partner, but hopefully once we get back into a normal routine he'll learn to trust us again! Health wise, he's giving every appearance of a full recovery that couldn't have gone better, which is a huge relief :D

EDIT: I literally just posted that, and as the page loaded, he came haring out from under the bed, hopped round my feet and has now settled under the desk with me. Contrary bunny!

It sounds like her is doing great!
I just came across one of your other threads and saw some photo's of Monty. He is beautiful :love:

Back