• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rehomed: Neo single french lop male ..more pics post18

I googled this french lop, how does his size compare ?

3166812488_6ee56cb32a.jpg

Oh my god,that looks like my Barley when she was younger!
I can't praise the french lop breed enough.They are amazing,especially as house rabbits.Neo is stunning,I would love him straight away but already have two bucks that wont go together.Please please someone give him a beautiful home

We have been fostering Neo for a few months now and I can honestly say he is adorable if also very cheeky and wilful. It took a while to gain his trust but now I get bunny kisses daily and he will sit on me in the run and has even fallen asleep beside me on the sofa if I bring him in for a bit. He is outside here with us but has daily access to a run and free range time and he definitely likes his freedom and lots of space, but needs watching.
I've never known a rabbit that loves their hay as much as Neo, he loves his pellets and veg, he will pin your arm down to get to them and loves to pounce and box and play - lol
He is adorable but also quite stubborn and imo needs an experienced owner who is happy to let him be a rabbit and not expect a snuggly bun - he does love human interaction but being allowed a cuddle is strictly on Neos terms.

whats his history , why did prev owner give him up,

we've got a rescue called barney who had 3 owners in less than a year , and just could not fathom out why 3 families had given up on him, apart from being very handsome he has a brilliant personality. Then we found out why, he has always been a house bunny and would urinate everywhere, despite being nuetured , he loved weeing all over the sofas, anyway we are experinced house rabbit breakers and we persevered with his terrority training and litter training and six months later he is the cleanest rabbit ever .he always goes in his litter tray now and does not even drop one poo outside of his always open cage, weve never had a rabbit that clean,

We have been fostering Neo for a few months now and I can honestly say he is adorable if also very cheeky and wilful. It took a while to gain his trust but now I get bunny kisses daily and he will sit on me in the run and has even fallen asleep beside me on the sofa if I bring him in for a bit. He is outside here with us but has daily access to a run and free range time and he definitely likes his freedom and lots of space, but needs watching.
I've never known a rabbit that loves their hay as much as Neo, he loves his pellets and veg, he will pin your arm down to get to them and loves to pounce and box and play - lol
He is adorable but also quite stubborn and imo needs an experienced owner who is happy to let him be a rabbit and not expect a snuggly bun - he does love human interaction but being allowed a cuddle is strictly on Neos terms.

He sounds like Barley was at his age,but as frenchies aren't fully grown until 18 months I'm sure he will become trustworthy to not need to be watched full time-she did.Also frenchies have a very unique personailty,yes they can be stubborn[that they dont grow out of!lol]but,for me,thats what adds to their charms.They grow to have very close bonds with their owners,sometimes too close as they can pine if you leave them,especially when older.They remind me abit like men-very subtle with their emotions but,although you dont always realise it,actually adore you.We have a small rabbit who is totally in your face with affection-licks,nudges,falls asleep in your arms-ive never had that with my two frenchies but they will show love,as said above,on their terms.B will lay as close to you as she can,often tail my head end,but thats it.Its her way of presenting herself,waiting to be petted,then when you stroke her,she melts in absolute bliss,your head nestled on her bum like a pillow.Or if i'm sat in the chair she will put her head between my feet waiting for me to go down on the floor with her.They are also so comical-B has been known before to pull me off the toilet by my dressing gown as I dared to go in there before feeding her!lol
Obviously I cant say every french lop is like this but Ive shared a home with one for almost 13years-Willow was almost 7 when she died and B is over 6.I cant say enough how lovable and funny the french lop breed is.So please give this beautiful boy a home:)

whats his history , why did prev owner give him up,

we've got a rescue called barney who had 3 owners in less than a year , and just could not fathom out why 3 families had given up on him, apart from being very handsome he has a brilliant personality. Then we found out why, he has always been a house bunny and would urinate everywhere, despite being nuetured , he loved weeing all over the sofas, anyway we are experinced house rabbit breakers and we persevered with his terrority training and litter training and six months later he is the cleanest rabbit ever .he always goes in his litter tray now and does not even drop one poo outside of his always open cage, weve never had a rabbit that clean,

Neo arrived here as a stray ...he was still a baby ..only about 12 to 16 weeks old . We dont know if he had escaped or been dumped . He was in very good condition so hadnt been out long . He arrived here last january .
He was late getting his bits ... as are most big breeds ..so wasnt neutered until june ....and has been rehomed once to live as a housebun with a female .
However this didnt work out as the bond didnt go too well...so he came back to us .

Please feel free to get in touch if you would like any further information Neill, I beleive Angie has passed my number on to you. If you would like to come and visit Neo you are more than welcome.

Please feel free to get in touch if you would like any further information Neill, I beleive Angie has passed my number on to you. If you would like to come and visit Neo you are more than welcome.

i think his size is stopping us really, Bunny MH said he cant be in the house unsupervised which means he would have to be in a puppy cage most of the day and Bun MH also said he may be best outside with lots of human contact , if im honest we are not going to sit out there with him for a few hours each day.
Barney , our lone male , is in a 42inch dog cage only at night , he has full run of the house all day when we are not here and then at evening he spend just jumping all over us, need a bunny that will fit into that routine. My bunny lodge is probablty best suited to a bonded pair.

i think his size is stopping us really, Bunny MH said he cant be in the house unsupervised which means he would have to be in a puppy cage most of the day and Bun MH also said he may be best outside with lots of human contact , if im honest we are not going to sit out there with him for a few hours each day.
Barney , our lone male , is in a 42inch dog cage only at night , he has full run of the house all day when we are not here and then at evening he spend just jumping all over us, need a bunny that will fit into that routine. My bunny lodge is probablty best suited to a bonded pair.

no worries neil ... yes i think he may object tp being in a dog crate most of the time ...thanks for considering him ..

Have just seen this thread... and am overjoyed to say he's now mine all MINE!!! And I love him to bits! :)

Back