• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

need some adivce :-( tramadol? ? anyone used it?

Julie takes Tramadol in liquid form but only as needed when her arthritis is bothering her even with the Metacan mostly cold damp days. It seems to do the trick but when she first went on it it was twice a day. It lessened her appetite. It doesn't bother her appetite if she only takes it as needed and not regularly.
How is he ding now?

I've had a good amount of rabbits on Tramadol, never had a problem with it, and always use it when Metacam alone is not enough. I have one on it forever, and another on it long term with a view to reduce in time. It's good stuff :D

Hope the tramadol does the trick with Storm, bless him.

Good luck using the tablets! Dee's been on it but came off today, she had it in syrup form thankfully...I don't think I could have done tablets! :shock:

Thank you for your replies everyone.

I sneaked the tablet inside a raisin :thumb: raisin and tablet snaffled before he realized what was going on :D

How long does it normally take for them to show results?

Thank you for your replies everyone.

I sneaked the tablet inside a raisin :thumb: raisin and tablet snaffled before he realized what was going on :D

How long does it normally take for them to show results?

Very smart, well done. I tend to find Tramadol works really quite quickly, at least to start to show initial improvement.

Is it normal for a bun to be a bit sleepy and go off his food on this stuff? I am having to remind storm to eat. Bare in mind that storm is a big greedy french lop

I know that tramadol can make people sleepy, but i don't know about buns... I guess it would be similar? :?

Is it normal for a bun to be a bit sleepy and go off his food on this stuff? I am having to remind storm to eat. Bare in mind that storm is a big greedy french lop

Julie is really greedy with food. She really cut back eating when she was on Tramadol everyday twice a day. The vet said that it does kill some bunnies appetite and that is a popular side effect in humans along with the sleepiness. Julie was much less active on it. I took her off it then cut back her dose from .7 to .5 and started only giving it as needed for pain. She does not need it everyday now. Taking the lesser dose and only as needed it doesn't seem to bother her at all. We also split her Metacam dose so that she takes it twice a day.

Some of storm's appetite is back now. He is munching more hay than usual and not as many pellets :?
He does look a bit more comfy now. He even did his super storm laying down pose :love: although it took him a few seconds to find his feet afterwards.

Back