• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Need advice on treating surviving buns - RIP Pixie :( Bunny suddenly quadriplegic

I've never heard of that before, how frightening!! :( It's great that they recover from it though! Very strange... sending tons more vibes for Pixie, I hope you can visit tomorrow and that he's getting better xxx

Just thought I'd add that when the bunny I looked after had Floppy Rabbit Syndrome, she started regaining use of her body after 3 days, by day 5 she was perfectly fine. At first the movement and strength started to return quite gradually, but once the recovery had started she did make quite rapid progress back to full health and mobility. On day 5 you'd never have thought there had ever been anything wrong.

It is a very strange condition/illness.

Bunny hugs and get well soon vibes for Pixie. :love:

Little Pixie bunny is in my prayers and will be everyday!:)
Take a print out of the website info on Floppy Rabbit Syndrome with you to your vet incase they dnt no much about it.
And remember ultimately it is your decision on the best option for Pixie. I have had 2 vets tell me to put George to sleep and that he would never even slightly recover from his condition....and that was 6 weeks ago. The difference is night and day!

Will check this post ion the morning and hopefully there will be some positive news.

PS. Try eat and rest as much as possible (i know its easier said than done) as Pixie is going to need his mummy to be strong and well to fight along with him.x

Thanks so much everyone for all your advice, well wishes and vibes.

I rang the vet the minute they opened this morning, she was busy and I was left hanging till 11:20 am; my nerves are shot. Thankfully it was good news! The vet was fearing for the worst, but he's actually improved a bit! He's now pooping and peeing on his own and has a small amount of feeling and movement back! HURRAH! He's still not eating though, so is on syringe feeding. I don't blame him though, he's probably depressed. Hopefully that won't turn into a big issue. I mentioned to her about Floppy Rabbit Syndrome and she'd already thought of that, and has been giving him vitamin E. More blood tests for "unusual" causes are being done today too (not cheap, but he's worth it!).

Needless to say I'm absolutely over the moon! He's not out of the woods yet though, so please keep sending vibes for him to keep improving! Thanks so much everyone! :love:

Just got terrible news, Pixie's had a seizure and is in a coma. They have him on oxygen, but it's not looking good. Please send your strongest vibes possible :'(

Just got terrible news, Pixie's had a seizure and is in a coma. They have him on oxygen, but it's not looking good. Please send your strongest vibes possible :'(

Oh no :( Ive been following Pixies story and was so happy to hear he'd started to improve :(

Sending tons of vibes that your little man makes it out of his coma xxxxxxxxxx

He's gone, he passed away a little over an hour ago. They did everything they could, but she suspects E.cuniculi which caused lesions on his brain. I'll never ever take another foster/adoption bunny without worming them straight away. I'm absolutely devastated :'(

awww I am so sorry my heart goes out to you such a sad sad thing losing one of ya bunnys Binky Free Pixie

Back