• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nature's Own Hay? Ings? Timothy Hay?

I've been having it for 2 years now and it's been consistently good :) Early last year they sent me a bag that seemed to have teeny tiny little bugs in it but when I emailed them they sent me a new bag out straight away :) No problems since!
The green oat hay is beautiful too :)

They don't seem to have any of the green oat hay at the moment.

Looking at your photo of the two hays, does anyone know why some hay is greenish and some is brownish? I ask because the hay that the OH made from our garden last year was just like the brownish one and I would be interested to know why. The rabbits largely rejected it btw:) It was green before it dried and so it would be tempting to say that the greener hays haven't been dried as long, but then they wouldn't keep. I'm baffled.

They don't seem to have any of the green oat hay at the moment.

Looking at your photo of the two hays, does anyone know why some hay is greenish and some is brownish? I ask because the hay that the OH made from our garden last year was just like the brownish one and I would be interested to know why. The rabbits largely rejected it btw:) It was green before it dried and so it would be tempting to say that the greener hays haven't been dried as long, but then they wouldn't keep. I'm baffled.

Well I have dried quite a bit of long green grass and it remained green. In fact with all the grass I've dried (a small amount every year) it's always stayed green. And it's perfectly dry.

I agree that most of my bunnies have rejected this green dried grass of mine, but recent guzzler loves this too. Makes me chuffed :)

New bag of timothy arrived this morning and it is of equally superb quality :thumb: I have three extremely happy Rexes :D

It's funny I've got expensive hay for Doughnut and her favourite is Wilko timothy hay and the meadow hay with the rose petals in it. I may try this though since it sounds nice!

How much is the delivery and where does everyone put their bags? I think this is why I haven't ordered before as it's where to store 10kg. I normally get 4 bags of 1kg timothy and 4 bags of 1kg rose petal hay and store them in the cupboard under the stairs.

Last edited:
My buns just love Timothy Hay from Timothyhay.co.uk - although they do also enjoy INGS as well, just not as much as Timothy Hay. The 10 kg bag costs £22 including delivery. Delivery I find is exceptionally good - if I order before 12 noon, it is delivered the next day. My buns will eat Meadow Hay - occasionally and if there is nothing else available.

I have a big airing cupboard which is used for my bunny stuff - food, megazorb and hay. With 9 rabbits - it take a lot of space :shock:

I may order this afternoon then as I'm off on Wednesday. I have a utility room but it's cold out there and would worry it would get damp. I guess I could keep it in the conservatory! It obviously look so much better than the Wilko one. She loves stalky stuff.

I keep mine on a high shelf in the rabbits' shed. It's certainly been cold out there recently -the water has frozen a couple of mornings. I keep it in the bag that it comes in, but keep the end open. Haven't had any problems with damp, although with 3 eating it, it will be gone sooner than Doughnut could manage :)

It does come quite compressed and I would think that if you can get 8kg under your stairs, the timothy would also fit.

Delivery is by APC.

New bag of timothy arrived this morning and it is of equally superb quality :thumb: I have three extremely happy Rexes :D

Thank you Omi :D

I missed this earlier (tut, tut, my own thread :roll:)

I am going to get on and order now :D

Doughnut absolutely loves it but I'd forgotten about my hayfever. I get asthma with it and since I've got the new hay I've been quite breathless. Trying to use half of this hay and half of another one. It is very good quality though and highly recommend it.

Doughnut absolutely loves it but I'd forgotten about my hayfever. I get asthma with it and since I've got the new hay I've been quite breathless. Trying to use half of this hay and half of another one. It is very good quality though and highly recommend it.

Sorry which hay do you recommend cpayne? :wave:

Is this the timothyhay.co.uk?
My o/h has to wear gardening gloves and a mask!

It isn't dusty at all. Definitely an allergic reaction in our case. He gets little white lumps on his hands/arms when he touches it too.
We emailed them and asked if they had any of the previous batches left (had no problem with them) and they said they would try and find us something. Next time we ordered they sent us a new cut of hay and he's been fine with this one :)

It isn't dusty at all. Definitely an allergic reaction in our case. He gets little white lumps on his hands/arms when he touches it too.
We emailed them and asked if they had any of the previous batches left (had no problem with them) and they said they would try and find us something. Next time we ordered they sent us a new cut of hay and he's been fine with this one :)

Wow that's really interesting. I'm just short of breath but because she's an indoor bunny I have the hay with me all the time in her litter tray. It isn't dusty at all. Did the next lot have any seeds on them. I'm wondering if I'm reacting to the seeds!

Yeah it does. We have the hay in our house too and my o/h is the same. Our boys have always had this hay and they haven't taken to anything else so I make him suffer :lol:

Back