• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Rabbit Junkie

Hiya ladies,

I know I can be objective here because it hasn't anything to do with me, but lets all calm it down a bit. It doesn't make for interesting reading everyone having a pop at each other. I think their are lots of contradicting views on many subjects and it's not nice when everyone falls out. Please let's all make the effort with each other and not fall out because it's really not necessary.

:D

kimbun's mum said:
Romy said:
Don't worry Toby, I've now received pm messages from someone on this thread telling me (nicely) that they think I'm wrong to have Bridget on a diet as she should be 16lbs not a stone! :shock: I'll hopefully find out which is right soon!! :roll: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :D

Can I just clear this up please - I most definitely did not say in my pm to you Romy that it was wrong for Bridget to be on a diet - I knew you were worried and I tried to explain that some French lops can be 16lbs (and over). You said Bridget was a stone - I was only informing you of other French lops weight as very often vets do not know the proper weight range for bunnies.

For those of you who are now wondering if I have lost my marbles here is the pm I sent.

Hi Romy

I suddenly thought that I hope you did not think I was being sarcastic about you giving Bridget veggies - I think it is good as a wee bit addition to just hay and water.

How much does she weigh - i know French lops can be about 16lbs.

Maybe Bridget just needs to be toned. :D

lol Pam

Next time I feel the need to be supportive I will lie down until the feeling passes :!: :wink:

Pam

Kimbum's mum/Pam, You will see in another thread I set up that I have never mentioned your name and that you contacted me nicely and that I wasn't annoyed with you but just wanted to get advice as to the facts of what I should/shouldn't be doing for Bridget's weight/diet.

I have never said anything bad about you or your intentions.

I am not having an argument with you and I don't fee that there is anything to argue about anyway.

Tamsin/Adele please can somebody close down this thread as its just getting very nasty and unneccsary. Kimbum's mum I do not mean you when I say that!!

Romy xxx

Hi

we haven't fallen out or argued Romy :D - I only posted because before I pm'd you I had asked other Forum members for advice on French lops etc and I did not want people to think I had had a go at you over Bridget's weight loss plan.

I have read your other thread - hadn't before as it only mentioned a few names and I thought it was solely for them :oops: - I think hay and water is fine (Aggie had to do that too).

Maybe your vet is better than some I have encountered - at the same practice one vet said Kim was too thin, the other that she was the perfect weight. Aggie was also too chubby according to one and just right according to the other :roll:

It is good that we can all have an exchange of views as we all have bunnies best interests at heart and the only way we can learn is to discuss things.

maybe Bridget could get a bunny treadmill :lol: :lol:

lol Pam

Thanks Pam xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I don't think Bridget will thank you for the treadmill comment tho!! :lol: It is very funny watching her trying to do a binky tho!! xxx :D

ahhh Bridget - so I will talk in a hushed voice in case she can hear me - what is her binky like then? is she like a mini elephant?? awwwwww! :love:

Toby said:
Jeez a thread meant for humour and look at it. :? :lol:
maybe "rabbit care" is the wrong place for attempts at humour which could be misinterpreted as facts. :wink:

Back