• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My rabbit is evil...

Hurri_Swords

Warren Scout
She is about 3 months old, a dwarf lop. We have had her over a month, but still she doesn't seem like shes settled. She bites/chewys on everthing (apart from her chew toys), scratches, attacks her hutch, snatches then comes back for your fingers. I'm sure she goes to the bathroom by the door when we are out of the room just so we step in it when we come back in.

The other day she sat on my friends lap perfectly, no scratching or biting, yet half hour ago she was sitting on mine and my partners lap and chew threw my blanket.

Things we have tryed, diffrent toys, lots of handling, treats when shes good, say no to her, and using a litter box.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Is she spayed? Some of those behaviours could be related to hormones which can make rabbits territorial over their home and belongings.

We have had her over a month, but still she doesn't seem like shes settled.

Apart from the aggression, settling in can take a LONG time so dont worry too much. It feels like forever but you'll find something has changed and you think 'she's settled' and then a little further on something else changes and you think 'ah, now she's settled' - and then something else changes...! At least that's been my experience with my two (although they were both much older when I got them than yours is).

Just be calm, patient and friendly :D

The other day she sat on my friends lap perfectly, no scratching or biting, yet half hour ago she was sitting on mine and my partners lap and chew threw my blanket.

Most rabbits dont like to be held or to sit in laps - sad but true! So you may find it easier to make friends with her if you come to her level. Sit on the floor, stroke her whilst she's on the floor but dont force it.

Nibbling material is quite common - I dont have many working zips anymore, the sofa cushion covers were turned into crochet, I have found a small nibble in my new top... :roll: If I leave a towel in the pet carrier, Muppet likes to pop in and savage it occasionally :lol:

I'd say it's a mixture of hormones and her personality.
First step would be to get her spayed which'll hopefully calm her down, and the second step would be to find her a husbun to keep her occupied! :lol:

Stick with it - no rabbit is really evil

Iv'e been having problems with Fudge coming to me and it was making me really sad. Yesterday though when I was hoovering their room and getting the fur of the rug he just came and layed in front of me and allowed me to stroke him, I was so excited after. Just give her time, Ellie still digs and scratches I guess females do it more than the boys just tell her no and give her something she is allowed to chew...

They are really worth the perseverance :love::love:

Stick with it - no rabbit is really evil

Iv'e been having problems with Fudge coming to me and it was making me really sad. Yesterday though when I was hoovering their room and getting the fur of the rug he just came and layed in front of me and allowed me to stroke him, I was so excited after. Just give her time, Ellie still digs and scratches I guess females do it more than the boys just tell her no and give her something she is allowed to chew...

They are really worth the perseverance :love::love:

Thats lovely, Im so glad Fudge has finally allowed you to love him. Mimi was rescued from a shelter about 2 months ago. Shes settled in really well, bonded well with Timmy and is very well behaved but she was previously mis treated and as such is very shy of us. I have hope that one day I'll gain her trust, she is getting better every day. Thanks for the hope!

Back