• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My poor little Hoppy Harry

I'm so sorry to hear about Harry. We lost Bramble last year the day we collected him from where he was boarding. It's so hard when it's sudden, but at least Harry didn't suffer and had his best bunny friend with him. I also felt guilty about going away, but after losing Bo this year too I have realised that Bramble went in the kindest way and when he needed to go. I miss them both terribly, but the hurt does get little less and I tend to remember them now at their best binkying in the garden and being cheeky, as I am sure you will your Harry. We have brought Bungee indoors to live for now, is that an option for Petal?

Last edited:
Thanks for your kind words everyone. He really was a special little bun and I'm really going to miss him. Petal is a tricky character, so it's hard to gauge how she's taking it. She's behaving normally in as much as she's running to hide when I open the playhouse door. I'm keeping a close eye on her but I know it'll stress her out more if I try to cuddle and comfort her. It's been awful though knowing she's outside on her own tonight. She's a rescue bun who was originally in a house with 50 rabbits, so to say she's not used to being on her own is an understatement. We're moving house in a couple of weeks so I'll have to leave it until after that but then I'll look to match her up with another rescue bun. I've got mixed feelings about it as this experience has made me wary of giving my heart so wholeheartedly to another bun, but I must do what's best for Petal.

You're very thoughtful towards Petal. I know what it's like having a bun who's not cuddly .. and on her own for possibly the first time.

I think you're wise to get your move done with, then think about a possible friend for her ... x

Thanks for your kind words everyone. He really was a special little bun and I'm really going to miss him. Petal is a tricky character, so it's hard to gauge how she's taking it. She's behaving normally in as much as she's running to hide when I open the playhouse door. I'm keeping a close eye on her but I know it'll stress her out more if I try to cuddle and comfort her. It's been awful though knowing she's outside on her own tonight. She's a rescue bun who was originally in a house with 50 rabbits, so to say she's not used to being on her own is an understatement. We're moving house in a couple of weeks so I'll have to leave it until after that but then I'll look to match her up with another rescue bun. I've got mixed feelings about it as this experience has made me wary of giving my heart so wholeheartedly to another bun, but I must do what's best for Petal.

It is really hard, I lost my Alfie a few weeks ago which was very unexpected. As much as I didn't want another bunnie so soon I had to think about Bella. Even though they weren't yet bonded, I'd only had Alfie a month and neither were neutered, I couldn't risk Bella becoming territorial over the hutch. I now have a new little bunnie, Toby, who will never replace Alfie but has helped with the grieving process. He will be neutered at the end of the month then i can start bonding him and bella.

Back