• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My new guinea pigs!

I live with my elderly Mother and dont think she could manage either holding or nail cutting. I did hold them up and its worked well for the back claws but not the front ones cos they kept pulling them away!

Had just sitting at laptime today. Stroked their ears and cheeks and told them how wonderful they are. Jingle actually started to explore a bit, into her strawberry hidey and out again. Mistletoe sat very very still looking gorgeous.

Not brilliant pics but hard to take with one hand!

2pt86lj.jpg

24pdx87.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, it's always the front ones that are difficult. The closer you can hold the front feet to their bodies the less likely it is that they'll snatch them away. But it is really difficult when you haven't got a free hand to hold the foot steady. That said, I'm sure plenty of others better than me manage!

I use to wrap my piggie in a towel to do the front. Wrap it behind the elbow area so it pushed the leg forward very slightly and then tuck piggie under my arm so I had both hands free to clip

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Hmm I may try the towel idea. I am a bit scared that they may try to bite me ... poor little sweeties.

Back