• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

my hay for pets ings hay just arrived

Aww I'm chuffed your buns like the hay :D

It's such good value too - I bought the £16 bag and it's lasting me ages!

they're both been eating loads! and i mean loads!! :shock::D

i'm really happy because they like the soft meadow hay and the ings! :D really pleased. :D

does anyone have a photo of the ings?

I had a sample and the buns weren't that keen but graham tells me the big bags are quite different and much stalkier?

I've had 3 of the 9.5kg bags of the timothy now and even though my buns were already quite good hay eaters they're eating even more now. The first bag lasted around 4 weeks whereas the second didn't quite make it to 3!

I had a sample and the buns weren't that keen but graham tells me the big bags are quite different and much stalkier?

I've had 3 of the 9.5kg bags of the timothy now and even though my buns were already quite good hay eaters they're eating even more now. The first bag lasted around 4 weeks whereas the second didn't quite make it to 3!

Yes :wave: Shall i post here?

ETA: :oops:

P1040180Small.jpg

Thats the 1.8Kg bag. Its soooooooo stalky! My 4.8Kg bag is the same, its just soo stalky. Some of them are over a foot in length :shock:

my lot didn't like the ings hay samples either but they're all eating it now. i got the biggest bag. it's so nice! :wave:

I ordered the sample bags but then couldn't remember which one they liked best - only remembering it wasn't the INGS as I was quite surprised by that.

So, just to be sure I ordered another 3 sample bags ....... I gave them the INGS first and they demolished it!! Later we're gonna try the meadow hay (doing it in alpha order this time see so I don't forget!!!)! And tomorrow the Timothy!

Wonder what it is with all these buns not being too bothered first time round but then getting to love it!?! :?

I ordered the sample bags but then couldn't remember which one they liked best - only remembering it wasn't the INGS as I was quite surprised by that.

So, just to be sure I ordered another 3 sample bags ....... I gave them the INGS first and they demolished it!! Later we're gonna try the meadow hay (doing it in alpha order this time see so I don't forget!!!)! And tomorrow the Timothy!

Wonder what it is with all these buns not being too bothered first time round but then getting to love it!?! :?

The 'Ings' in the sample bag is nothing like the real thing in the big bags, its crushed and squished, im guessing just to fit in the bag.

B&G weren't overly interested but i ran the risk and bought the 1.8Kg Ings and it was demolished, very promptly!

i agree that the samples were too small to get a good idea if they would like the hay. it was all the smaller strands aswell so they weren't that keen.

I got another bag of Ings hay yesterday - it wont last long!! The buns sometimes leave their veg and pellets early once ive put fresh hay in to nom that and then go back to the other food - thats how much they love it!
I think Charlie would literally nom the whole bag if I let him!

So should i get a sample sent of all 3 or is it worth the risk to buy a large bag of one of them and which one would you all recommend?

So should i get a sample sent of all 3 or is it worth the risk to buy a large bag of one of them and which one would you all recommend?

i'd risk the bigger bag personally and go for the ings, it's so nice. :wave: bisc took a while to try it, he's fussy. but i kept offering it and once he tried it he realised it was yummy afterall! :roll::lol:

Back