• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ings hay

joey&boo

Wise Old Thumper
I've a yearning for more hay & have been receiving telepathic messages from Mousey & Boo that they'd like some Ings hay next. So for those who have bought it recently..is it a good batch, do your bunnies like it & how is it packaged nowadays?

As usual its worth me buying the largest available amount as the economies of scale are so much better. Which is a lot of hay to get in the way should bunnies say no, as such any feedback much appreciated

Still got a poop load of Haybox soft (& some timothy soft plus random meadow hays purchased from small suppliers on ebay) but as i say, the buns have asked for ings

I've a yearning for more hay & have been receiving telepathic messages from Mousey & Boo that they'd like some Ings hay next. So for those who have bought it recently..is it a good batch, do your bunnies like it & how is it packaged nowadays?

As usual its worth me buying the largest available amount as the economies of scale are so much better. Which is a lot of hay to get in the way should bunnies say no, as such any feedback much appreciated

Still got a poop load of Haybox soft (& some timothy soft plus random meadow hays purchased from small suppliers on ebay) but as i say, the buns have asked for ings
Can't help with ings, but buns are losing their minds here over the extra stalky Timothy hay! [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Can't help with ings, but buns are losing their minds here over the extra stalky Timothy hay! [emoji38]

Really :) Damn I should have given it a try. I didn't think the website pic looked very special.

Really :) Damn I should have given it a try. I didn't think the website pic looked very special.
Ah yea I added some in with the order to try, turned up yesterday so I tried them with some and yea big success! Even Willoughby tried some [emoji38] smells really nice I thought!

We always get Ings hay, just had a batch. Comes in a plastic bag same as always for me. I've only had 1 bad batch and been buying it for about 9 years! I did branch into Timothy and they really liked it but it was so sharp I was worried about the piggies eyes!!

We always get Ings hay, just had a batch. Comes in a plastic bag same as always for me. I've only had 1 bad batch and been buying it for about 9 years! I did branch into Timothy and they really liked it but it was so sharp I was worried about the piggies eyes!!
I had a few bad batches from them! Actually that's why I stopped buying it, Idk if I got unlucky or what but I never thought the quality was as good as Timothyhay.co.uk for some reason. The buns did like it though when the batch was okay!

The soft one isn't sharp at all, but yea the stalky one had cut my hands before [emoji38]

Can't offer any help, but love how Mouse and Boo can get their wishes through to you. I might try asking you for something telepathically and see what occurs :lol::lol:

I had a few bad batches from them! Actually that's why I stopped buying it, Idk if I got unlucky or what but I never thought the quality was as good as Timothyhay.co.uk for some reason. The buns did like it though when the batch was okay!

The soft one isn't sharp at all, but yea the stalky one had cut my hands before [emoji38]

I guess you just never know what you're gonna get! The rabbits really liked the stalky one, it's a shame as I don't have space to store two lots of hay, only worry about the piggies eyes cos they borrow face first into it :lol: I feel very lucky never to have had an episode of 'hay poke' since it's so common ��

Thanks everyone. I'm still undecided :lol:- should I stick with what they have, go timothy super stalky or Ings. I think the reason I'm drawn to Ings is not long after I last bought some (years ago) I was posting photos of golden boulders & its also what they had that time we had "hay carrying mouse":love: I like that its organic too. Normally I'd be put off by bags but got to admit it will be handier to store . ings it is...I think

2 years ago
ZEfZS1Gl.jpg

Mousey not lying down :D Maybe she was stashing it for later? :lol: I also remember golden boulders :D

Mine are loving the stalky stuff I got from Essex TBH, they pick out all the bits except the strands that look like thin spaghetti, that's all that's left in the trays. I've never (knowingly) had an eye poke, only Lopsy was daft enough to get the biggest seed known to man under his eyeball once (and I never filled the trays that deep again!). I'd go stalky every time ;P

I went for the Ings . Next up Timothy extra stalky. I miss Joey - hay is not going down fast enough now

The Rexes used to have mostly Ings and loved it. I've often considered getting it again, but both bunnies really love the timothyhay normal stalky and so to change them over would be simply to pander to my whims. I've got to order some more today or tomorrow.

The Rexes used to have mostly Ings and loved it. I've often considered getting it again, but both bunnies really love the timothyhay normal stalky and so to change them over would be simply to pander to my whims. I've got to order some more today or tomorrow.

I think this is my issue. You call them whims, I call them telepathic messages from my rabbits :lol: Are you going super stalky?

KK - jealous you got stalky tasty baled hay

reader - thankyou. Hay carrying Mouse was v beautiful

I think this is my issue. You call them whims, I call them telepathic messages from my rabbits :lol: Are you going super stalky?

KK - jealous you got stalky tasty baled hay

reader - thankyou. Hay carrying Mouse was v beautiful

I don't think so. That would just be another whim. It seems mean to deprive them of the hay that I know they love :lol:

Mousey not lying down :D Maybe she was stashing it for later? [emoji38] I also remember golden boulders :D

Mine are loving the stalky stuff I got from Essex TBH, they pick out all the bits except the strands that look like thin spaghetti, that's all that's left in the trays. I've never (knowingly) had an eye poke, only Lopsy was daft enough to get the biggest seed known to man under his eyeball once (and I never filled the trays that deep again!). I'd go stalky every time ;P
Ummmm where from? What's app me pls [emoji38]

I don't think so. That would just be another whim. It seems mean to deprive them of the hay that I know they love :lol:

I assume you mean just another telepathic message? Plus what if they love the super stalky even more & your denying them the hay of their fantasies? ;):lol:

Back