• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Fifty Year Old Teddy Bear Has Had...........

Those are some mad sewing skillz Jane :love:

Honestly, well done :D

I have a mushroom, called Fergie when i was 6. He's in the loft now, i can't bear to get rid of him, but he has a hole, and stuffing falls out. I've tried on countless occasions to fix, but always fail. Might put him on the 'bear bus' to you for fixage ;)

Well if I told you how long it took me to do Ted's Makeover you might have second thoughts :lol:

Also, my language when trying to thread needles............... :shock:

:oops:

Well if I told you how long it took me to do Ted's Makeover you might have second thoughts :lol:

Also, my language when trying to thread needles............... :shock:

:oops:

:lol::lol::lol:

Can't be any worse than my language recently Jane :shock:

My Teddy has had 3 makeovers during his 50 years. My late Mum got a work colleague to do the first one and because Teddy did not turn out exactly the same as before Mum thought I'd be really upset, even though I was about 20. But I really did not mind at all. I KNEW he was still the same Bear, looks only go fur deep, it's what's inside that matters :love:

:thumb:

Poor Teddy has probably learnt quite a few new swear words from you while undergoing his makeover by the sound of things. :shock: :lol::lol::lol:

Awwww !!!

My Teddy has had 3 makeovers during his 50 years. My late Mum got a work colleague to do the first one and because Teddy did not turn out exactly the same as before Mum thought I'd be really upset, even though I was about 20. But I really did not mind at all. I KNEW he was still the same Bear, looks only go fur deep, it's what's inside that matters :love:

My Teddy is a 'Wendy Boston Bear'

http://www.luckybears.com/encyclopaedia_wendyboston.asp

Only 3?! Poppy has had about 5 in her 16 years :lol: She looks like a completely different doll compared to when I first got her, I cant really remember her original form. Im sure people were just shocked at how big the change is, I was but thats because Poppy only ever gets one new bit at a time (a new "outfit" or "hood" or "shoes and gloves" ) so the change isnt so drastic :love: aslong as he still feels like the same bear to you thats all that matters:love:

Ooh wow, thats fantastic, he looks brand new. I bet teddy is nice and snug in there. Its like he has moulted for winter and grown new coat in a different colour which real animals do frequently.

Swit Swoo, Jane - you're Teddy Bear is looking gooood! He's all snuggly now, and must smell lovely! :love:

I'm very impressed with your sewing skills - I'm not sure I could manage that!

How did you do that???:shock::shock: I could never try a project like that! The closest I get to teddy makeovers is restuffing the kids beloved dogs when they've been through the wash! A wee hole at the top of a leg at the tummy, pop the stuffing in, child does a cuddle test then sew up the hole!! That's it!

How did you do that???:shock::shock: I could never try a project like that! The closest I get to teddy makeovers is restuffing the kids beloved dogs when they've been through the wash! A wee hole at the top of a leg at the tummy, pop the stuffing in, child does a cuddle test then sew up the hole!! That's it!

But that is major surgery !! :shock:

Oh no, I wasn't being offensive Jane. Your bear looks really sweet :) I was just surprised at how much he's changed that's all. Personally I wouldn't be able to change my oldest bear's looks but this is your teddy bear so you can do what you like! He looks cute and certainly sounds like you sorted him out for a bargain price. :thumb: xx

Back