• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My baby Poppy

Here is my bead, I can't believe how quick she did it. Three weeks to the day that I posted Poppy's fur to her. I am beyond amazed by it, it's beautiful, just like Poppy. It's funny, I had just enough space left on my bracelet, she fits so perfectly, just like she always did :) Sorry for the abundance of photos! x
13344585_10157001355410068_8787051537867765011_n.jpg

13321953_10157001355465068_1421150242078417343_n.jpg

13322097_10157001355630068_3236591154746008546_n.jpg

13315567_10157001355680068_9013356080813965961_n.jpg

13327364_10157001355710068_3994011343278139292_n.jpg

It is very lovely and I agree it has been so thoughtfully packaged. It is something to treasure :love:

She's a lovely woman, she is just very considerate and actually cares. She doesn't charge over the top prices, if you look at getting a bead specially made usually, you'd be looking at about £50 I reckon. When I ordered it she had a 50% discount code on facebook, so that meant my bead, with signed for postage was only £20. And she does all sorts, not just bracelet beads but pendants, book marks, earrings. And she just sent back the rest of the fur she didn't use. I've just put it into the box for safe keeping.

I felt like Poppy was watching me today, I keep thinking I can hear her little noises and I can feel myself smiling more and crying less when I'm thinking of her. My voice still goes really wobbly when I talk about her. I took the doggies to the vets today for their jabs (it's the first time I've been anywhere other than actually walking the dogs since I went away for the wedding). The vet said to me 'The last time I saw you was with the beautiful bunny wasn't it?' and I explained what happened. I could see in his face that he was really sad about it, I don't think he's much of a people person but he really does care about animals, like he said he was sorry for my loss but in a really weird way, but his face looked devastated. I didn't cry but I couldn't feel the lump in my throat when I talked about her and I think that is going to talk a while to stop. I'm just very lucky to have everyone here and my parents and brother that completely understand how much she meant to us. My in-laws are a bit different. Like, they love animals but to them, pets are pets, where as me and my family see pets as family. When I said about getting the bead done they said it was a lovely idea but isn't something they would do because when pets are gone, they're gone. They're supportive and they do know how much she meant to me and my husband, but I do think 90% of the time they're just humouring me and think we're just a bit silly for caring so much.

My darling Poppy changed my life and she will never be forgotten :)

I've made a quick change to my bracelet. I had another one that just had a lock, so I've moved poppy onto that one with my anchor and dangling bunny charm. I felt so warm today that I had to take the bracelet off, but I can wear this one all the time to represent my family :)
2ddecbc82c3b477a1db5f23f2bbfac24.jpg

The anchor for my husband and the dangling bunny for Raggy, Poppy in between them like a hug :)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I can't believe Poppy has been gone a month today. It sounds like a long time but it doesn't feel like it at all. I've stopped ruminating about the coulda, shoulda, woulda of that that day. But I miss her so much.

I hope you're teaching them all how to binky Poppy style up there and not stealing all the treats x

Tomorrow will be exactly 2 months since Poppy passed away. It suddenly hit me again last night and I cried myself to sleep. I miss her so much. MrC has just about come to terms with it, he's taken it very hard, Poppy was a daddy's girl after all. He had said that he felt like Poppy had been replaced by Ragnar because he didn't get a chance to get to know Raggy before his boat went on patrol but after having some time together he has so much love for Ragnar. Poppy will never be replaced though, she will always be our Baby Doop. Spent a while today just looking at photos of her on facebook, I used to love it when she would 'pray' :)
1003165_10153066657140068_1649624194_n.jpg

I'm so sorry. It is hard isn't it.

It is exactly 3 years ago today my own Poppy girl left us.

Hopefully in time you will be able to look remember the good times you had without getting upset.

Sending you big hugs.:love:

Anniversaries are hard. I still randomly shed tears for my bunnies I lost years ago. She was a lovely bunny with who you shared a fantastically close bond. Ragnar is pretty special too

She really did make my world so much brighter :) She made me get out of bed every day, made me smile when I was low, and was a fantastic listener ;) Thanks all for your lovely words :) x

Back